Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"The Sisyphean dreamer, my fibula and femur hold the weight of the world over and over! I think, therefore I die, anxiety and I rolling down a mountain over and over!"
mbmbmbmbmb
While the narrative factor appeals to many a folk on B-17 I found there to be few decisions to be made in terms of gameplay. Essentially the game plays itself and you are along for the ride.

Are there going to be meaningful decisions to be made in this game? Or is it more strap in, roll, and be along for the ride? Im hoping it leans more towards the upcoming The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43 where it provides narrative but there are decisions to be made etc.

Would love to see the rules too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dixon
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There will be several decisions you will need to make, especially when it comes to damage control. You won't have enough repair crews to assign to all damaged compartments, so you will have to allocate wisely.

Further more, you can declare an emergency and assign all hands to repairs, but this nullifies any ability to fire.

Do you want to flood compartments to right your ship, or take a chance on the list angle?

As your ship takes damage, do you hang on at your duty station or is discretion the better part of valor? You will have to make the decision. During a campaign game, this becomes critical over time.

Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
While the narrative factor appeals to many a folk on B-17 I found there to be few decisions to be made in terms of gameplay. Essentially the game plays itself and you are along for the ride.

Are there going to be meaningful decisions to be made in this game? Or is it more strap in, roll, and be along for the ride? Im hoping it leans more towards the upcoming The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43 where it provides narrative but there are decisions to be made etc.

Would love to see the rules too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"The Sisyphean dreamer, my fibula and femur hold the weight of the world over and over! I think, therefore I die, anxiety and I rolling down a mountain over and over!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice Steve, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Any chance we could see some form of the rules before release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dixon
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am going to leave the rules posting to Randy at Legion Wargames. I will send him a note to see if he will do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
badge
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve - would it be possible to put your component video (Prezi) on here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Bob,

Here is the link to the Prezi which give a very nice review of the components found in the game. This is best viewed in full screen mode, and with sound (just for the intro )

http://prezi.com/gexeo4mx0l7g/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium...

Randy Lein - LWG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.