3 Posts

Story War» Forums » General

Subject: Any word on the other game modes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Some Donkus
Canada
flag msg tools
Really looking forward to Trial Tales (my group has a big Ace Attorney fan), but they all sound like a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra Farber
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
last night i did dating war with my brewpub crew.

I don't know if this is the official way to play that variant, but the word "official" has no business anywhere near this game.

The judge pulls a warrior to be the bachelor/bachelorette and (when we got bored) a battlefield to be the first date location. Judge gives a brief intro, then the players have to pick/justify a monster from their hand. then everyone argues over who's the best match for the bachelorette and the judge gives a brief overview of the date and tells who she chose.

I've played Story War with two groups. Wildly different responses. Both groups had fun, but the more serious "gamers" probably won't want to play it again.

But it's quick and easy and the box is small and light, so it's easy to bring along just in case you find the right crowd!

TIP: bring a sharpie or two for the blank cards - if somebody has a funny idea, hand them a sharpie and tell them to make a card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hernandez
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC60jOuYKt-7X3Jk2QR7N94A
badge
Cards and Cardboard (CnC) Reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are more busy shipping out the computerized version right now. But it should only be a matter of time. Also the Rules in allow the judge to change the challenge based on the environment, which I find more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.