Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
United States
Triangle Area
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When dose the sensor jammer take effect. I believe it is after the roll but before you modify it. So if you have a focus token, you can change it back. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Sattler
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules
Roll the attack die, defender modifies attack die, attacker modifies attack die, defender rolls, attacker modifies defense die, defender modifies defense die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) Attacker rolls red dice
(2) Defender modifies attack dice (e.g. Sensor Jammer, Elusiveness)
(3) Attacker modifies attack dice

So, target has to use Sensor Jammer right after the red dice are rolled, before the attacker can spend any of his own TL/F tokens.

EDIT: Also note, ALL of this happens before green dice are rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano G.
Italy
Lana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
(1) Attacker rolls red dice
(2) Defender modifies attack dice (e.g. Sensor Jammer, Elusiveness)
(3) Attacker modifies attack dice

Is this sequence written in the rules? Or in the FAQ? I have not found it yet.

Edit: Sorry I've read it now in the rules blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Marky
Hungary
Budaörs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, let's imagine the defender has a sensor jammer and I had taken a focus action and a TL using my PTL. Now it's time to rock and lunch my adv.prot.torpedo: After rolling the dice, I have 3 blanks, 1 eye and just 1 hit. The defender could modify the hit for an eye and then I modify all the dice for hit, spending my focus token. It's that right? If it is, what is the purpose of sensor jammer when the attacker has a focus token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
skunk21 wrote:
So, let's imagine the defender has a sensor jammer and I had taken a focus action and a TL using my PTL. Now it's time to rock and lunch my adv.prot.torpedo: After rolling the dice, I have 3 blanks, 1 eye and just 1 hit. The defender could modify the hit for an eye and then I modify all the dice for hit, spending my focus token. It's that right? If it is, what is the purpose of sensor jammer when the attacker has a focus token?

You are forcing him to use the focus token on offense, meaning when you hit him back, he would not have the focus token to use on defense, so he should be hit pretty hard if he isnt lucky with his dice rolls.

It also forces him to use focus instead of other actions (TL, boost, roll, etcetc), which drastically cuts down the likelihood of you getting hit by something like TL+F
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.