Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Great Falls
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do I check for ambush when I first enter the lift cars? Do they follow the same rules as other spaces (ie, do they get an "explored" chit, etc.)?

Also, thanks to the designer for such a tense story-telling game and to Andrew especially for spearheading the reprint. It's BEAUTIFUL. Anyone on the fence who likes sci-fi, story-telling and tough decisions, definitely pick this up for a fun solo experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
From the dark depths of the ancient ocean, a kindly cetacean spirit with a penchant for board games and dumb made up bios
badge
I like themes. I like stories. I like plastic. I like brutal co-ops. I am kickstarter's whipping boy. Come game with me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe lifts are treated as locks, so not only do you not check for ambush in them, you can also enter a lift and move down the shaft, and then deploy out of the lift at the end of the same exploration turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
I believe lifts are treated as locks, so not only do you not check for ambush in them

That's correct.
Quote:
you can also enter a lift and move down the shaft, and then deploy out of the lift at the end of the same exploration turn.

You can do this because the lock function is ignored during exploration turns.

During combat alert the lift cars can't have both hatches open in the same turn, just like any other locks. So you have to get in and move to the other end, then wait for your next turn to leave. (If the car isn't at your end of the shaft to begin with, that's another turn gone -- as anyone waiting for a parking-garage elevator knows.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Great Falls
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks, people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.