Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A long time fan of the series, I loved seeing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished watching the final episode - hilarious.

Too many memorable moments - Ports of Essen, Textile Merchant, Small Person Racist, Coffee Tramp Toss Bitch, Vans with Tits, Emotionally Artistic. Classic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you notice that when they showed the "Game Board" title screen they used a little riff very reminiscent of the one used by Scott Nicholson? That's definitely no accident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Cuchulain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It was brilliant, wasn't it.

My eyes are always darting around the background of their office to see what games they have on the shelves. :
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben E
United Kingdom
Irthlingborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watching with my gf and she was pointing out all the ones I had. Then wanted to know if my game group were all like Moss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Not since the days of Family Matters' Steve Urkel has there been such an accurate portrayal of nerds. I'm so glad to finally see people with passions outside the norm portrayed with such generosity. Oh! and the laugh track, I love how that shows up at just the right times to show us where to laugh. Without it, i'd be completely lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:
Not since the days of Family Matters' Steve Urkel has there been such an accurate portrayal of nerds. I'm so glad to finally see people with passions outside the norm portrayed with such generosity. Oh! and the laugh track, I love how that shows up at just the right times to show us where to laugh. Without it, i'd be completely lost.

It is satire and there is no laugh track, the show is filmed in front of a live studio audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:

Oh, come on. It was a parody of boardgame review Youtube videos (and rambling Youtube videos in general). And a rather accurate one. The bland name. The dull presenters sitting in front of a wall of games. The awkward cuts. The inappropriate use of music. The use of Comic Sans in clashing colors. The need to longwindedly explain the rules before giving the review. The assumption that everybody knows who the designer is. Family members walking in. Basically the only thing I was missing is the wrong framing (I have seen quite a few boardgame review shows where the presenter's head is in the bottom half of the screen, and the top half is showing games that he is not reviewing).

But what I really appreciate about the IT Crowd is its love for nerds. Yes, these people have weird habits. Nerds often do. But they are the heroes of the show. I mean, look at all the other people: the manager who has no idea what the people she supervises are doing (and couldn't care less). The big boss who is just a stupid jerk. The board which thinks the Internet resides in a box. These are the people that really come off badly. And they all depend on our heroes doing their jobs well. High praise for the nerds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite bit was where Jen comes dashing out of her office with The Internet with this excited look in her eye and Roy having to let her down easy. Just brilliant.

And Raynor Konisky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:

So this is more of that geek blackface I keep hearing about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magrot wrote:
CrankyPants wrote:

So this is more of that geek blackface I keep hearing about?

Being in IT for 16 years, I can say it's a pretty accurate portrayal.

It's better than BBT, by far. Of course, that doesn't say much since most British shows are better than what we write over here. Even when it comes to car shows, Top Gear UK is consistently great while Top Gear US is consistently horrible tripe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
Being in IT for 16 years, I can say it's a pretty accurate portrayal.

Too true. I've done IT support on and off for around the same length of time and there are many, many days I feel like answering the phone with Roy's standard line: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

I'm constantly dismayed at how technologically illiterate the average user is, despite the prevalence of technology in our everyday lives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Chilton
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched the show - hilarious again. Love the webisode Game Board, such a perfect parody and done brilliantly as you've mentioned above
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
x x
msg tools
Does anyone else think that the woman in the background here looks suspiciously like Anne Wheaton (wife of Wil Wheaton, of the youTube Tabletop game review show)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.