Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stupid raspberries. They are wildly overpriced and they last about 3min if opened and placed in eating distance.

Plus, they are impossible to pack in lunches. You cant put them in baggies cause the delicate nature of this extortionate berry means that by lunch your thermos will have rendered them raspberry paste.

A carton costs MORE than strawberries yet even if I bother to get stupid little tupperwares out and pack them to keep them safe, they are only good for like 2 days of lunches. Strawberries are good for a weeks worth and are ALWAYS on sale.

No more Raspberries!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Freeze 'em and put 'em on some vanilla ice cream!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go hiking. They're free that way. Just hope a raccoon didn't piss on the low ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fire Lord
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmmmmmmm...Raccoon piss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Raspberries are delicious.
The giant strawberries sold in supermarkets have almost no flavor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot disagree with the OP more. Raspberries (red) can be flash frozen and packed for lunch (you may have to eat lunch a bit early) and raspberries (black) are big enough to kick most other fruits asses.

Apparently they are not for everyone. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Honorable Mayor McCheese
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Screw raspberries indeed. Probably the most disgusting food nature has ever produced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Get a pressure cooker and some kerr jars, and make preserves...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fresh raspberries totally rock. Yes they get mushy quickly but then you make tarts. Raspberry tarts are great as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't decide whether to go with "Mmmm. Oatmeal with fresh, mushy, tart, sweet raspberries," or "Sir, the raspberry people are on line 1, and they are NOT happy."

Raspberries rule. Cantaloupe (well, really, any melon, although I'll enjoy a juicy watermelon from time to time) drools.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good for beer making.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
We have a raspberry patch.

This. Plant a few sticks in the ground, and eat raspberries fresh and in season, only picking as many as you need for a particular meal or recipe. Nothing like it. Yum. Going to have some today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
badge
riddlen wrote:
Strawberries are good for a weeks worth and are ALWAYS on sale.

Two hints. 1) Real strawberries last a couple days, tops. 2) Strawberries are one of the most seasonally sensitive fruits...they suck when they're out of season.

Now if you'll excuse me, my driver's about to take me to my Snob Society meeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
And I am very protective of it. When the neighborhood kids start lurking about, hoping to nab a few, I rush out of the door, waving my arms and screaming Woola! Woola! Woola!

No, no! Just go out and piss on them. That'll keep them away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Meh. They aren't my favorite berry, but I wouldn't throw them on the ground if you gave me a nice helping of fresh raspberries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

And I am very protective of it. When the neighborhood kids start lurking about, hoping to nab a few, I rush out of the door, waving my arms and screaming Woola! Woola! Woola!

Our wild raspberries are at the edge of the woods. It's not the neighborhood kids that ate all our berries*, it was bears.

* wellllllll, not all, we did manage to get about a pints worth over the whole season shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:
riddlen wrote:
Strawberries are good for a weeks worth and are ALWAYS on sale.

Two hints. 1) Real strawberries last a couple days, tops. 2) Strawberries are one of the most seasonally sensitive fruits...they suck when they're out of season.

Now if you'll excuse me, my driver's about to take me to my Snob Society meeting.

The strawberries growing in my garden are tiny. They are even smaller than our raspberries. As for storing them, I don't think I would even try. We always eat them right off the plant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

No, no! Just go out and piss on them. That'll keep them away.

But be sure you publicize the fact that your raspberries are soaked in Drew-piss.

No, I won't come bail you out when the cops haul you away from screaming from your front porch about whizzing on the berry patch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.