Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning to play a 3 player version of Mission 2 next weekend. I really want it to go well. I don't want it to be too easy or too hard. Here are two options for scaling it, what do you think?

1. Play with 4 survivors (instead of 6) and use the Sunday Walk variant by using only cards 1-24 in the zombie deck;

2. Play with 6 survivors and Sunday Walk variant by using only cards 1-24 in the zombie deck;

3. Play the standard method - six survivors and full deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
4. Skip the mission since it is rediculously easy.
I honestly think I could beat it with 1 hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Frank implies, Y-Zone needs making harder, not easier.

So, if you're determined to play it, here's what I'd do:

Use 6 Survivors, and, place one Objective Marker in each of the four buildings. But, have the Green Objective Marker placed randomly among them, face down - that is the Medical Kit, and the Mission Objective is to find the Medical Kit, and then have everyone reach the exit zone.

If you think that will be too hard, then use spawn cards 1-24, if you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Can you suggest a better scenario to give people a good introduction to the game? Something of medium difficulty and witha reasonable playtime - 60-90 minutes?

I keep reading the game is unbalaned and playing an extremely easy or incredibly hard scenario will likely lead to never playing it again with my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Can you suggest a better scenario to give people a good introduction to the game? Something of medium difficulty and witha reasonable playtime - 60-90 minutes?

I keep reading the game is unbalaned and playing an extremely easy or incredibly hard scenario will likely lead to never playing it again with my group.

Either my modified Y-Zone, or Mission 10 Small Town.

The game itself isn't unbalanced, but, like any good sandbox game it's all too easy to make scenarios that are either brutally hard (01 City Blocks, for example) or ridiculously easy (02 Y-Zone), however most scenarios lie some where between the two.

Now this does make finding a good mid-way point quit difficult, because it's very dependent on the players' play style and level of experience, however most groups find Small Town a good starting scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
atsgamer wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

I'd probably avoid car-based missions (the ones that allow driving) first of all. From the core game scenarios I'd go with either Big W (05), Might Makes Right (09), or Small Town (10), the latter of these is most often suggested as a reasonable starting point that's not too easy, not too hard. The more I play, the more I prefer the extra scenarios from the GG website, but as a starting point these will do you right.

I will warn you though, the game can be incredibly unfair at times (and overly easy at others), depending on the timing of the spawns. Over time you will learn to mitigate the bad things that can happen, but if you can't enjoy being eaten alive by hordes of zombies the first few games, you might be frustrated by Zombicide, as failing big and trying again is half the fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(10) Small town

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is not a game for those for whom enjoyment = victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
I will warn you though, the game can be incredibly unfair at times (and overly easy at others), depending on the timing of the spawns. Over time you will learn to mitigate the bad things that can happen, but if you can't enjoy being eaten alive by hordes of zombies the first few games, you might be frustrated by Zombicide, as failing big and trying again is half the fun

Very good point.

Loophole Master wrote:
Yes, this is not a game for those for whom enjoyment = victory.

I concur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the good advice. I will try the Small Town scenario. I have enjoyed playing the game solo and don't mind unbalanced stuff in that situation. I don't have a problem losing...I play Arkham Horror! Just want the first experience to be a good one.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.