Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
The pdf for my planned Great Northern War expansion has arrived. If you wish to be part of the playtesting process reply here or send me a geekmail. The game will require a lot of terrain, so you will either have to mix and match terrain hexes from Hold the Line and Frederick's War or use the VASSAL module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in again. Is the rule set the same as Frederick's War?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to release the Vassal mod tonight, so it should be easier to set up that terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news from Peter and Judd!

Stay tuned folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Richards
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be delighted to give them a try. Any plans for a "Marlborough's battles" pack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyhook wrote:
I'd be delighted to give them a try. Any plans for a "Marlborough's battles" pack?

Send me your e-mail!

Yes, I have done some preliminary work on that. I hope to bundle it with Maurice de Saxe's battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
I am trying to release the Vassal mod tonight, so it should be easier to set up that terrain.

Judd or anyone else let me know if you want to try this on Vassal by email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've set up a Vassal Map game for the battle of Fraustadt - The Swedish Cannae. If anyone want to play test that with me send me a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any suggested reading on the Great Northern War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric H
msg tools
mbmb
"Peter the Great" by Robert Massie has a fair bit on the war. Massie is a wonderful historian and easy to read (despite the length of the volume). Would be great if there were something comparable on Charles XII.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Duncan
msg tools
Is this still going ahead? I see there is an image of the Battle of Poltava playtest from 2014. I would really like the Swedish and Russian armies and battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still going ahead under a new name. I have a VASSAL module and have been working on scenarios.

Horse & Musket: Dawn of an Era.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.