Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Gilbank
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So to start I off I will begin with I may need to come up with some cash and looking at ways I wouldn't normally consider to earn it. I won a copy of Elder Sign(already owned it) signed by Wil Wheaton, Felicia Day, Bill Prady and Mike Morhaime. I do not know how much I would want before I would seriously consider letting it go.

But I wanted to know due to experience with this type of thing if you were to actually want this, how much would you pay? I feel I maybe setting sights a little too high due to not really wanting to let it go so I figured this might be a good place to get an idea.

Anyways thanks and remember before just telling me not to sell it that I am not really sold yet on actually selling it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't sell it.

Honestly, to me, even if I didn't own the game, I wouldn't pay any more for it than retail (or lower if used) because of the signatures. There may be some people who are fans, I'm not particularly. And if it was, say, a Defenders of the Realm game signed by Richard Launius, which I am a fan of, I still wouldn't pay more than retail.

Something like that is worth keeping for the sentimental and rarity value of it, but the average person who just wants the game to play, isn't going to pay more for the autographs.

Just my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to agree with MilesF. I don't think those signatures are going to get you that much more money than standard MSRP. It's a relatively easy game to get and a somewhat low priced one at that. You would have to market that to serious Wil Wheaton fans and even at that, if you do your research, the signature just isn't worth a whole lot.

Now, if it was a limited edition, one of a first series of the press and signed by the designer themselves, you may be talking more money...I think.

I would definitely keep it. The value could go up over time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you would have to pay me for taking something touched by Wil and Felicia from you.

I'm serious, I don't like them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are talking a niche of a niche market on something that is not all that collectible. Keep it as a conversation piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gilbank
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whelp I guess that answers that. As I had said I wasn't completely into selling it, thought I might see what people would offer compared to what I thought I would want. As expected there is a wide gap, so it will be on my shelf for years to come.

Time to look into some other ways to earn some quick cash. I hear hookin can pay well xD

Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it the same copy they played on Tabletop? I'd pay extra for it (if I had money) It's technically the most famous copy of Elder Sign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you have a way to authenticate the signatures there isn't much connection to them since autographs only mean something when they are personalized to the owner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.