Subject: Did I do something wrong? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leeroy Fitz Justice
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I lurk around here a lot but never post due to the poor app for android not having that functionality.

I have a question about Bunker. I see a lot of people here call him useless and advise people not to take him.

Having just used him for the first time I deployed him in turrent mode with the flak cannon and grenade launcher already equipped and he became a one hero destruction machine. Honestpy the other two heroes could have stopped playing at that point.

Did I use Turrent mode incorrectly? I was playing it as adding 1 to each damage and it allowing me to use both the FC and GL each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very useful site:

http://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/a-heros-guide-to-bun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it sounds like you played it right.

Bunker can be frustrating when he doesn't get the right cards at the right time, but when he works he is quite powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see why some people diss Bunker off. He really needs to have the weapon cards to be effective. In our last game Bunker did absolutely nothing except absorb damage, since he did not draw a single weapon card during that game (we lost to Plague Rat). In the previous game however, Bunker inflicted a world of hurt to Grand Warlord Voss due to his mega-charge me up-cannon. So Bunker is a "hit or miss" type of hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lalyman
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
Also, Bunker is more than a damage dealer, but many players only see him through his damage capabilities. There are times (either because of the villain or other heroes ont he team, or because you simply have a hand of cards better suited for this) were he his better used as a self-healing tank or an environment controller with side damage.

As with many (all, in fact) other heroes, Bunker will feel subpar if you think he has ONE and only one good combo or tactics, and don't try new things simply using the cards you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketigid ketigid
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freddieyu wrote:
I can see why some people diss Bunker off. He really needs to have the weapon cards to be effective. In our last game Bunker did absolutely nothing except absorb damage, since he did not draw a single weapon card during that game (we lost to Plague Rat). In the previous game however, Bunker inflicted a world of hurt to Grand Warlord Voss due to his mega-charge me up-cannon. So Bunker is a "hit or miss" type of hero.

So what is wrong with absorbing damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing wrong, especially since he had armor plating minimize the damage. But it would be better if he went to the fight with his guns...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
Bunker is balanced

Something a lot of people don't understand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.