Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Arcane/Divine Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have been playing this game for over a week now and we both really enjoy it. We decided to start a new adventure I was using Lem while my wife played Seoni. We turned over a card at one location and it was Augury. It says Intelligence, Arcane, Wisdom, Divine. Now checking all the other characters in the game I found that Arcane was under Intelligence and Divine under Wisdom. However Lem's has them under Charisma, while Seoni has arcane under Charisma. So the question is do you roll an intelligence dice and add the charisma +1(or +2) to that roll or do you roll the charisma dice with the pluses?
We played it that because the Divine and Arcane were under the charisma you used that dice.
The only thing I found in the rules was you can pick which to roll that is why we rolled the charisma dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lem and Seoni use their Arcane skill. In both cases they roll their Charisma die and add the Arcane bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is from the RPG which has Bards and Sorcerers using Charisma to cast Arcane Magic instead of Intelligence like a wizard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group has also been confused about this - say a boon's check requires Intelligence Arcane. Can you use your Arcane die if it is a "subset" of Charisma (e.g. Seoni), or does it have to be a "subset" of Intelligence?

This sort of question had our group in major confusion the other day.

Similarly, if a check requires Wisdom Divine, and the character has Divine listed under Charisma...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raolin wrote:
Our group has also been confused about this - say a boon's check requires Intelligence Arcane. Can you use your Arcane die if it is a "subset" of Charisma (e.g. Seoni), or does it have to be a "subset" of Intelligence?

This sort of question had our group in major confusion the other day.

Similarly, if a check requires Wisdom Divine, and the character has Divine listed under Charisma...?

It's not Intelligence Arcane, it's Intelligence or Arcane.

In your example you can pick Intelligence or Arcane. Then you refer to your character: Do they have the trait you chose? If so use the appropriate die. E.g. you chose the Arcane trait and is playing Seoni. Seoni uses her Charisma die + 2. If you had chosen Intelligence you would use her Intelligence die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the answers, we played it correctly but I am glad to clear up that issue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.