Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
We have just finished a game involving the Changeling, but we could not agree on his powers. Can anyone help please?
If I am the Changeling and I challenge the Macron:
1) Do I become the Macron?
2) What does the Macron become? Is he still the Macron also? Or does he become the Changeling?
3) If the original Changeling wins, does he get to challenge again and and have a chance to swap powers with someone else- even the Macron again?
4) Does the Changeling revert to being the Changeling after both of his challenges are over, assuming that the first one was successful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Simpson
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Changeling decides to become his opponent (Macron, in your example), he continues to be the Macron for the rest of the game (or until something else happens, for example, another swap of the new Changeling). After the swap, the old Macron becomes the new Changeling. The "original" Changeling (now Macron) can have a second encounter (if his first encounter was successful), but now he's the Macron.

If, on the second encounter, (the new) Macron encounters (the old Macron, and now the new) Changeling, his opponent (Changeling) might decide to swap powers again, becoming Macron again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks. But what happens in that first challenge with the Macron?
The Changeling is now the Macron and plays his challenge card. Does the old Macron (now the Changeling) just play his card. i.e. as the new Changeling he doesn't get to swap with one of the other players, before playing his card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Simpson
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right. The new Changeling in the first encounter can't use Changeling's power again in the same encounter, so he just chooses his encounter card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks.That's very clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.