Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

http://kck.st/1aDqbR4

G’day guys,

After a lot of hard work by both Eagle Games and Darwin Games, the Kickstarter Campaign for Dawn – Rise of the Occulites has been relaunched!

A lot of thought and effort has been put into making this second time around more successful. So the campaign has been restructured with a lower goal, there have been new stretch goals introduced, new art for the cards and we have been able to get a very high quality pre paint organised. To be honest, I was shocked at how good they look. There is virtually no difference between the prepaints and the studio paint jobs now. This has cost us a bit more to achieve this quality, but we have been able to maintain the previous pledge costings as before for both Puscual and Sunmaster levels.

We hope that you will join us again this time around and if you didn’t join in on the fun of the first Kickstarter, we hope to see you over there for our second.

You can check it out here:

http://kck.st/1aDqbR4

Please share the link with your gaming mates and families and friends that are looking for an endearingly quirky, but incredibly fun and replayable game. Let’s get Dawn funded quickly so that we can start unlocking the stretch goals. We have some more up our sleeves and with your help, we may be able to reach them!

Cheers and thanks for the support!
Ben (the designer) goo

EDIT: Thought I'd put this here to help people keep track of Dawn's progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arrrrr'lex
Germany
Geestland
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Luck, Ben!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Alex!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, best of luck!!!

Seems you're off to a good start... goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy for you Ben! Let's kick this wonderful game from a world of possibilify to the real one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pledged at Sunmaster.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jack! Really appreciate it mate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you kill it, Ben! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Valle del Kas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Luck!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Games, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmbmb
Pledges at Sunmaster. Looking forward to this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck, Ben!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have watched this from the outset (I subscribe to your email) and sincerely hope that this takes off. It certainly deserves to. Good luck, Ben.

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much everyone!

Dawn has hit its goal of $25K in 15 hours. I am so excited and humbled. Now onto the stretch goals!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for the sunmaster level.
Ben those miniatures look awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words and support Ray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, 45K...

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

How about now?

Are we there yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol!

We are only a couple of hundred of $35,000 so hopefully $45,000 will follow soon after! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on guys! spread the word!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok guys, we just hit the $40K mark! Ignis are unlocked!

Where there is smoke, there is Ignis update:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002188924/dawn-rise-of-...

Cheers,
Ben. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So now, fly me to the nimbus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updates on the Innate Abilities for both the:
Floris http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002188924/dawn-rise-of-...
and Ignis http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002188924/dawn-rise-of-...
are up! Go and check them out and share the word!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We seem to have hit a bit of a wall here with the campaign. Not sure what the reason is as there hasn't been any feedback from backers about why some have reduced or cancelled their pledges.

There does seem to be a lot of backers watching to see what will happen. If all those people (who are backing at $1 now) upped back to their original pledges, we would be over the $45K.

Does anyone have any suggestions one what we could be doing better? What information would help here?

Any help in spreading the word would be greatly appreciated.

I've worked hard for years on Dawn and don't want backers to miss out on any of the first five Tribes because we fell short on the funding level.

Thanks in advance guys.
Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your thoughts. I hadn't even considered the government shutdown.

$45K is an easy stretch goal to hit. It is only another $2800 away and then everything is locked in.

The problem with dropping the level to $40K is that we then take a huge hit. We are working on very thin margins and dropping it to $40K will cause us to actually lose money on the project. So that isn't an option.

Metal molds cost a lot, as does sculpting and creating KS exclusive figures for the number of backers we have is neither cost effective or something I would want to do. I do not like the idea of KS exclusivity where people that are not in a position to back at a particular time due to any number of reasons, miss out on something cool.

Creating a few more easily attainable stretch goals is certainly something to consider and with 22 days to go, I'm sure we will hit our mark.

It's just weird when you see some people pledge and then cancel a few hours later. What could possibly have changed in that time?

Thanks for your thoughts Jack, they have given me something to think about.
Cheers,
Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dropping to 40K may be a risk, but it has a couple mitigating factors.

At $40k you take a loss IF you don't then go over $40k (and it is already over 40k).

If dropping to $40k were to lock in the Sunmaster and other levels it very may well encourage more pledges at those levels and bring the total up over $45k. Yes, it is a risk. The other mitigating factor is if you drop to a 40K requirement and Eagle can stomach the short term loss it allows the full 5 tribes to get to market and be available for retail, which in turn may drive more sales translating into higher gains which wipe out the short term loss. Again, a risk. If Eagle can accept the risk it could be a strategy that pays off.

Having said that, I clearly don't have access to the books and any analysis done to estimate future sales for the game.

And having had a couple unexpected and rather large expenses it in the last two weeks I may have to be one of the guys who drops their pledge unfortunately. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Youri Janse
Netherlands
Barendrecht
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Reaper Bones II kickstarter running at the same time is most likely hurting this kickstarter as well. It's unfortunate, and not something you could have easily predicted, but the last Bones was immensely successful and popular, and it's beautiful minis are very enticing (just like this kickstarter), but there's alot more of them so it's sure stiff competition. It is making me reconsider my pledges as well, because it's hard to justify 2 big kickstarters in the same month and I have to pick, and the Reaper just seems to be more value for the money.

On top of that, at least for me, there is the feeling of "another great game, but ..."; I'm burning out on new games. I'd rather really explore the games I actually have right now, and not take a gamble with new games on Kickstarter. Compared to the Bones, that's just miniatures that I can pick and place in any games or self-made-up stuff (I play a lot of miniature games, sometimes with homebrewed rules and settings based on what existed before), while this game seems .. a little more complex than I anticipated at first. The rulebook is lots of pages (64! not even Twilight Imperium is that thick, I only know of wargames with that kind of pagecount), and not having read it yet (I know... but time you know...) makes me wonder what to expect. To keep with BGG terminology: is it a wargame, or Amitrash, or a Eurogame?

Having said that, the update about the campaign-style of play impressed me, and made me keep my pledge at a moment I was seriously considering just dropping out. I love games where there is progression between games, think Mordheim or Crimson Skies (or RPG's for that matter).

so perhaps it's not a bad idea to give some more updates with the general feel/play of the game. This way, people can more easily see what to expect from this game, without having to read the (thick) rulebook, and you generate some buzz and activity in the kickstarter.

I know I would love to read about a game in progress starting in turn 1, then turn 2. It's most likely in the rulebook, but ... you know ...

Updates generate buzz and activity, and that's the main thing this Kickstarter is currently lacking. If it's not financially feasible to increase the goodies, this might be a good alternative?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.