GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,459 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Level 7 [Omega Protocol]» Forums » Rules

Subject: Finishing a Commando rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Celia Engle
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
An incident came up last night, when I was playing my first round of this with friends.

During the objective activation in Mission 2, the (three; Lead, Support, Countermeasures) Commandos were pinned in the control panel room by a veritable horde - fear hunter, some rogues, and an array of warriors that were continuing to fire.

On two consecutive turns, a commando was downed, and picked up by the others. I had a clear shot at the transitioning-from-downed commando, both turns, by either a Rogue or a Warrior.

If I had taken the shot (the fear hunter had an active to handle, so I thought it better to use his double attack on them), would I have killed the commando in question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Wood
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
If memory serves prior to the crisis point the answer is no. See page 16 of your rulebook in the "Downed" section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celia Engle
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
We were past the crisis point; a fear hunter had spawned on time already, the crisis point in turns had passed, and I had spawned yet another fear hunter as a time pressure measure.

The question is basically about how vulnerable a marine is after revival, before he loses his downed stance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you can attack a downed Commando who has been revived, and successfully hitting them will kill the Commando. The Commando is still effectively "Downed" until they select a new stance in their next planning phase, so they still have no wounds.

Before the Crisis point, Downed Commandos can't be attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.