Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
First QUESTION:
14.4B under Free Market for Non-Hand cards the rulebook reads: "A boosted white or purple card cannot be sold."

I understand why it's not allowed with purple, but why not white? Did the rules for voluntary decommission of cards change? (In other words, am I still allowed to decommission a white card in another stack back to my hand and Free Market it then?)

SECOND QUESTION:
Next it says, "A black card in LEO, including freighters, can be sold for the price as specified in 14.2D."

...but 14.2D does not mention anything about prices, instead it talks about the new VP values on the updated resource exploitation track. Does this mean that black cards can be sold in LEO based on the current VP amount available on the resource exploitation track? If so, what amount do black cards in LEO sell for if, near the end of the game, the resource exploitation track is all the way down at six?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First question:

14.4B is titled "B. FREE MARKET FOR NON-HAND CARDS."

You have never been able to Free Market white cards from LEO, only your hand (which is 14.4A) - this is still the case, but is now equally true for Purple cards, and for the Bernal stack, so it bears repeating. Why you'd ever want to sell a Purple card is another question.

So, if you want to sell a White card in space, you decommission it to your hand, then Free Market it as normal (for the varying amount of WT, depending on the political chart)

Second question:

The original rules for Free Marketing black cards was that they return an amount of WT equal to the current VP value of their spectral type (beginning at 8WT). This reduces as more factories are built.

This rule has remained the same, however the VP values have increased.

If the exploitation track is on 6VP, then each black card is worth 6WT in a free market operation. This is a fairly basic simulation of supply and demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also surprised you could not free market boosted white cards and struggled to make sense of it.

It is however true, because you would decommission your white card shortly before you free market it. So when you do free market it, it is in your hand and no longer boosted and 14.4A applies.

Of course this is how it is technically performed. In practice you would removed the white card from a stack and move it directly to the patent deck. And that is why I got a bit confused myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the idea is to not confuse it with the Free Market of black cards in space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Domfluff wrote:
First question:

14.4B is titled "B. FREE MARKET FOR NON-HAND CARDS."

You have never been able to Free Market white cards from LEO, only your hand (which is 14.4A) - this is still the case, but is now equally true for Purple cards, and for the Bernal stack, so it bears repeating. Why you'd ever want to sell a Purple card is another question.

So, if you want to sell a White card in space, you decommission it to your hand, then Free Market it as normal (for the varying amount of WT, depending on the political chart)

Colonists are one exception to white cards...
20.6 COLONIST CARD DECOMMISSION wrote:
It is felonious to voluntarily decommission humans (i.e. crew, human colonists, and emancipated robot colonists) anywhere except in LEO or per the two bullets below. If a human colonist or emancipated robot colonist is decommissioned, put it into the bottom of the Colonist Deck (20.1).
So if you aren't going to keep them, you can free market a colonist from the hand.
BUT after they are boosted they can't be decommissioned then sold from the hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.