Subject: Modified value of tools rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kåre Dyvik
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my group, tools tend to be purchased very quickly each round. They are very useful, as well as counting directly during endgame scoring. It seems like a no-brainer to purchase as many tools as you can afford. They will benefit you in more than one way, and you benefit from depriving the other players from buying. The benefit gained from buying tools always seems to be greater than any benefit gained from abstaining or postponing such purchases. This has led to very scripted gameplay, at least until the tools are sold out.

In my opinion, this is an indication that tools are too cheap. If the price is increased, the decision of whether to buy, becomes more difficult, which should be a goal. I think, in our next game, we will try increasing the price from 3-4-5 to 4-5-6 or maybe even 5-6-7.

I see in another thread that it is suggested that tools should have MORE value in the endgame. I disagree completely. They are too valuable as they are. What if only UNUSED tools earn money in the endgame scoring? (Unused in the last phase, that is.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.