Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Ranger» Forums » General

Subject: Actions at the Objective rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anyone already playing with the new scenario specific rules that come with the Cd?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what CD you are referring to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The $19.95 entry.

http://www.omegagames.com/omega/do/military/product/omegagam...

Was curious to know if anyone already got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's too bad that there is not more info on their website or an entry here on BGG.

Do you have any clue when the woodland terrain is supposed to be due?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nope sorry. But as far as I know, the woodland terrain one is an independent game.

Concerning the actions at the objectives... actually I should know what's it about, sice I ordered it back in july. But only the Ranger base game and the two expansions arrived, that's why I asked.

Is it maybe incorporated and I don't see it? At one point I thought it would be a CD with a page for each mission.

I've contacted omegagames, inquiring weather the Cd is supposed to arrive at a later point, or if it got lost, they could send me the files by email, but no answer so far...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkSOuL, I think that the Actions at the Objective is in fact the two expansions. They are names AO Sierran and AO something (Victor?). I think AO stands for Actions at the Objective.

I had an exchange with Bill Gibbs, the author of the game. The Woodlands game is due for next year.

Try emailing Bill again (normal omega games address). I had email exchanges with him during the last day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaroonedMorlock wrote:
I had an exchange with Bill Gibbs, the author of the game. The Woodlands game is due for next year.

Try emailing Bill again (normal omega games address). I had email exchanges with him during the last day.

Well that's strange... I guess my emails must have been lost as spam.

I'll try contacting again.

Btw, I found the mail where I was told what the Actions at the Objective thing is:

Quote:
Actions at the Objective is a CD with a two page color PDF file for each of the hundreds of missions' objectives. Each file allows you plan actions at the objective on a larger sheet and includes hints for the objective.

Ranger Woodlands Terrain will be a new stand alone game featuring rolling wooded hills terrain rather than coastal jungle swamps.

So yeah... nothing like that in the package. Let's see if there is a response this time around.

I'll suggest him to either send it out, or send the files by email, I just want to have this completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely the CD. There were even sample PDFs that he sent out in the original advertisement (by email, I think). Each PDF would correspond with a mission card, and it has a blow-up of the area, on which you can plot more detailed operations.

AO, on the maps, means area of operation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loquitur wrote:
AO, on the maps, means area of operation.

Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well the case is solved. It seems there was a issue with receiving the emails.

Actions at the objective is coming out next month approximately! Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone heard any updates about this CD? Obviously it is now February, almost four months later, and I haven't received mine yet.

Anyone else either received it or heard anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hladik
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
came in the mail yesterday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh wow! Now that's some unexpected news! Can't wait to get mine.

Can you tell us a bit what exactly it is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hladik
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CD full of pdf files. A full page for each mission, it states the mission, task organization, steps for plotting, map, and symbology reference. Haven't had time to look real close.

I tried to create a separate BGG entry so maybe when it gets posted more people can comment.

It appears that the Omega website is down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lap Kuen Leung
Australia
Manly Vale
NSW
flag msg tools
So the "Ranger: Actions on the Objective" is the CD that replaces the two expansion kits "AO Sierra/AO Victor Expansion Kit", i.e. if I buy the CD's, I don't need the two expansion kits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudley Albrecht
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
No, you still need the maps that come with the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.