Subject: demon engines? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone has the demon engines, do they get extra cash for ALL factories built in the game, or just the ones belonging to that player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robbin van biljouw
Netherlands
den oever
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are the one that build it, it counts only for your factories. Same like the steam crane. You gain an advantage, but it does take up space, wich is a disadvantage. (Keep up the good work, i like your reviews a lot).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius van der Merwe
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question regarding Demon Engines:

The card says "Each factory is worth +2 coins". Does this mean that (1) each factory produces 3 coins (the 1 default coin for being a production facility plus a bonus of 2 more)? Or (2) does it mean that the default 1 coin income changes to a 2 coin income?

My gut feel is to go with interpretation (1), which nets you 3 coins for 2 cards, 6 coins for 3 cards (with 2 factories), 9 coins for 4 cards (with 3 factories), etc. This makes the Demon Engine worth while if you own at least one factory (and it becomes really good if you own more).

With interpretation (2) you need to own at least 2 factories to start making it worthwhile. With a single factory you still only earn 2 coins for 2 buildings (except you don't go further up on the resource track). With 3 buildings (Engine plus 2 factories) you earn 4 coins, which is one better than default (but again, at the cost of the Engine not actually gaining you any resources). Under this scenario the Demon Engines to me looks kind of bleh.

So which is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nicol
Canada
Fredericton
NB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interpretation 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.