Subject: GT6 Tactical Surprise Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Sixth turn of the Next War:

“Sir the last few days have seen some vicious fighting on the peninsula. The weather is still clear but very cold. In the air the DPRK sent up several air units that they repaired. We shot down five air units again to no loss on our side. We still have the advantage in the air. The North Korean sent in three Special Forces units to hit airbases. Cheongju was hit with a KF-16 being reduced. One of the teams was eliminated trying to retreat from the base. We sent most of our special forces to try to locate two supply depots just north of the DMZ with one Japanese team trying to hit the North’s detection ability. We located one depot. However no damage was caused to the North’s detection ability and the Japanese Special Forces team was lost.

“Using the information from our various detection assets Allied air units hit DPRK forces all along the front. West of Goyang two F-15K’s hit and eliminated a reduced division of the IV Corps. West of Chuncheon F-15K’s, Commonwealth F/A-18’s, supported by US Wild Weasels hit and reduced a motorized division of the VIII Corps that was in open terrain. The DPRK 425 Mech Corps was worked over pretty well west of Chuncheon. F-35’s reduced a brigade; F-22’s destroyed an already reduced brigade; and F-15E’s with Wild Weasel support caused some disruption to the HQ of the enemy corps. Commonwealth Joint Strike Fighters and US Navy F-35’s hit and eliminated another brigade of artillery from the 620 Arty Corps at Pocheon. We then sent in the heavy’s sir. B-1B’s struck a Mobile Supply Unit in the mountain area north of Gapyeong causing some disruption. B-52’s attacked a Mobile Supply Unit Yang’gu but missed the target completely. B-2 Stealth bombers hit the hardened supply depot north of Munam causing some disruptions.

“We then conducted two major assaults. The DPRK 25 Division of the V Corps was destroyed by maechanized units from the 3 Army and VII Corps with help from one brigade of the 101 Airborne northwest of Hoengseong. The other battle was against the DPRK bridgehead southwest of Inje. 2Division/III Corps, 7 and 15 Divisions/II Corps, and two Marine battalions hit two motorized divisions of the PYG Corps. The DPRK took serious causalities but could not be forced out of the bridgehead.

“DPRK units conducted three battles sir. Four infantry divisions and a Light Infantry Brigade from the IV and II Corps tried to storm an area of Seoul (hex 2921) but were repulsed by the defending 3 Division/V and 17 Division/CAP. North of Yangp’yong the defending ROK 65M/3Army was destroyed by two divisions from the V Corps and mobile units from the VIII Corps supported by three brigades of artillery. And finally northeast of Chuncheon the 3/3 Marine Battalion was destroyed by mobile units from the III and PYG Corps” Says Jack.

“Jack give me a rundown on losses and estimates of enemy losses” replies the General.

“Yes sir. The ROK has taken the following losses: four A-50’s, two F-4D’s, and their Wild Weasels. Two ROK helicopter units have also been destroyed. Five infantry division have been lost; the 9/1, 12 & 21/III, and 5 & 28/VI. The 53HR Division was lost when Busan was nuked also. Three armor brigades, the 1/V, 2/I, and 3/1A have also been destroyed. Three Mechanized divisions have been eliminated; the 65M/3A, 26/VI, and 20/VII. The Japanese had their Apache battalion destroyed. Two Marine Battalions, and Marine Recon, and the 11MEU HQ have been lost.

“As far as enemy losses go the DPRK Air force has taken horrendous causalities and is pretty much out at this point. DPRK land units have lost five infantry divisions, one armor division, seven armor brigades, one mech brigade, two artillery brigades, one motorized division, and twenty-one of their Light Infantry type brigades” says Jack.

“OK Jack I want airpower to focus on those mechanized and motorized units in the breakthrough areas. If we can locate those supply depots I want them hit also” states the General.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
In the air the DPRK sent up several air units that they repaired

How'd they do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
They returned from the being aborted two turns prior. I said repaired as a little creative licensing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, whew. There are air unit repair rules coming in Next War: Taiwan (or Next War: India-Pakistan, whichever comes first), but it's limited in scope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.