Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a unit that has the MP to move due to terrain, still move if it doesn't have enough MP due to the additional cost of entering/exiting a ZOC hex?

EX: An armor unit with 8MP is in an enemy ZOC and wishes to move to a Highland Woods in another enemy ZOC.

Normal terrain cost would be 8MP. Leaving a ZOC costs 1 MP, entering a ZOC costs 1MP. Total MP cost is 10MP

or.....

Para 8.2.2 bullet 7 says, "If allowed by the segment, a unit which begins its Movement Phase in an enemy ZOC may move directly to another enemy ZOC by expending ALL of its Movement Points".

Is the move allowed because of bullet 2?

Or is it not allowed because it expends more MP than the armor unit is capable off due to the ZOCs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the item listed as Important just after rule 8.5.1. It says "A unit may always move at least one hex in a friendly Movement Segment, if eligible, though not across prohibited hex sides or into prohibited terrain.

That seems to say that a unit, assuming it is allowed to move in whatever segment you are in, can always move at least 1 hex assuming the hex it is moving into is not prohibited terrain. This seems to me to allow a unit to move from EZOC to EZOC as long as it is not crossing prohibited terrain or moving into prohibited terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops! Right. Forgot about that. Got narrowly focused on the question. A unit can always move that one hex.

{edit} Deleted my incorrect response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Maidhof
United States
Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And although that unit can always move one hex, I have found that the one hex often puts me beyond the reach of my supply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.