Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some effects, which allow special movement under the requirement to "end your move in a safe place" (Underground Travel and Wings of Wind Spells, Flight Skill). All these effects are movement effects. That means, they must be used within a movement phase. But they don't use up the movement phase exclusively but instead can be used additionally to regular movement. So you can use these effects before, after or between regular movement (as long as you do not interrupt special movement with regular movement). Fair enough, I have understood that.

My question is neither, what a safe place is or which hexes can be crossed, that was already discussed sufficiently.

Rather, my question is, what "end your move in a safe place" means exactly:

(1) You must end the special movement on a safe place, independently from the fact, if you would move further with regular movement.

(2) Your overall movement must end on a safe place.

Example: I am 5 hexes away from an unconquered keep, generate 5 movement points during my movement phase and use the spell "Wings of Wind". I want to move with that spell right onto the (unsafe) keep, and then immediately move one hex further with regular movement (generating further movement points for this regular move).

With interpretation (2) this would be allowed, with interpreation (1) this would not be allowed.

Btw, for those of you who wonder, for my example, why I do not simply first move one regular hex, and then 5 hexes with "Wings of Wind", to avoid this problem: because the first hex to enter has high movement cost (e.g. swamp), while the sixth hex to enter has low movement cost (e.g. plains).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly certain it's (1), simply because thematically it makes sense. If you dig a tunnel and travel underground into a keep, you can't just walk out of the keep afterwards. Same thing if you fly into the keep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
I'm fairly certain it's (1), simply because thematically it makes sense. If you dig a tunnel and travel underground into a keep, you can't just walk out of the keep afterwards. Same thing if you fly into the keep.

To be clearer, you can (and must) end your Underground Attack in an unconquered keep (or another unconquered fortified site). You can NOT end your Underground Travel or Flight in such a place because they require you end your move in a safe place.

edit: sorry for the typo..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Reaves
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan means "Underground Attack" (black mana powered) where he says "Underground Travel", and "Underground Travel" (no black mana) where he says "Underground Tunnel". Not certain if that is a typo or a result of a different translation. Otherwise his statement is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian d
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yeah #1. Just used Underground Travel this weekend in a game. Great spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.