8 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Podcast with STAW in it rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kelmelis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all - my friends and I are involved in a podcast that talks about whatever gaming we happen to be doing at the time. Recently we've gotten heavily into STAW, and our most recent episode spends a bit of time talking about the game. We also have a couple of articles up about STAW. Please come by and check us out. We won't always be talking about the game, but it will certainly come up.

The podcast episode with STAW:
http://guessingzero.com/gz-gaming-done-right-episode-3-in-sp...

The website itself:
http://guessingzero.com/news

Let us know what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Enjoyed your play report. What was your full build for the Dominion fleet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kelmelis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember quite what the Dominion fleet I had was - it has evolved slightly since I played then. My current build is something like this:

Kraxon
- Generic Captain
- EM Pulse (Tech)
- Glinn telle (Crew)

Gor Portas
- Gul Danar (Captain)
- Energy Dissipator (Weapon)
- Breen Aide (Crew)

Breen Battle Cruiser
- Sar (Captain)
- Breen Aide (Crew)

The idea was to have the Kraxon head out between the two Breen ships and offer them some support. As the enemy started closing, use Glinn Telle to reduce the incoming first volley, then use the EM Pulse and Scanning from the Breen ships to target and destroy one enemy ship. Hopefully get past them and try to turn around. Usually the Cardiassian ship would take too long to get back in the fight while the Breen ships had to come back in without his support. The Cardassians able to take most of the hits off the Breen usually gave me decently-healthy Breen ships to come back into the fight with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kelmelis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put a new article on Guessing Zero up this morning - talking about the Defiant and 5th Wing Patrol Ship. I'm really looking forward to these two expansions hitting stores in a couple weeks.

http://guessingzero.com/staw-a-look-at-the-defiant-and-5th-w...

Come by for a visit and drop in some comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
[q="wrabbit37"]
Kraxon
- Generic Captain
- EM Pulse (Tech)
- Glinn telle (Crew)

Gor Portas
- Gul Danar (Captain)
- Breen Aide (Crew)

Breen Battle Cruiser
- Sar (Captain)
- Breen Aide (Crew)[/quote]

How did you fare with not shooting first with the Breen ships? That's my concern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kelmelis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I didn't fare very well at all. Most times I would lose a ship pretty quickly with the Dominion against any of the other fleets. Going late in the turn, combined with ships that are not fantastic at taking hits, makes for a difficult fleet to field. At least in my experience. I hope the 5th Wing ship will change that.

As an aside, I also played in my first Month Two event last night. I put up an article about my experiences in both my first month event (on Sunday) and my second month event (on Tuesday) on the Guessing Zero website. Check it out.

http://guessingzero.com/staw-dominion-war-open-play-month-1-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the batrep and pics of the BoP cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
[q="wrabbit37"]Honestly, I didn't fare very well at all. Most times I would lose a ship pretty quickly with the Dominion against any of the other fleets. Going late in the turn, combined with ships that are not fantastic at taking hits, makes for a difficult fleet to field. At least in my experience. I hope the 5th Wing ship will change that. [\q]

I was having the same issue. I played a 2 v 2 100 points build and put Picard and Spock on there ans was able to own. But trying to work out an effective 3 ship build was just hard.the format isn't quite there yet.

Congrats on the win tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.