Subject: question on trasmuting (read first) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in one play in the last round i had the following cards activated: monolith of fairies (can store one energy each turn and on activation regain those energies back) with 7 energies and insatiable cauldron (don't know the english name) at 6 energies (after filling it up with 7 energy you gain energies back and 15 crystal)

i pick a die with transmutation and start transmuting my entire reserve... then i activate fairy monolith and gain back to max and transmute them too, apart from one energy in order to activate cauldron and transmute once again... is that legitimate? because basically i transmuted about 70 points like that giving me the win...

or i did something i couldn't do?

p.S. maybe i should post this on the expansion forum since it regards cards from the expansion? don't know... if the moderator thinks is better that way feel free to move the post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
of course it's legal play, with there is no limit to how many times and the number of energy you can transmute during your turn. you might as well adding Purse of Io and Lewis Greyface to that combo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Collins
France
Boisset les Montrond
Loire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget to activate your bonus 3 times (if you haven't used it already), you'll loose 20 points, but you'll gain 3 per energy you transmute
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bluefr wrote:
And don't forget to activate your bonus 3 times (if you haven't used it already), you'll loose 20 points, but you'll gain 3 per energy you transmute

That's wrong, in that case you still get 1 point per energy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d1man wrote:
bluefr wrote:

i believe we have no official clarification regarding this one yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veenickz wrote:
of course it's legal play, with there is no limit to how many times and the number of energy you can transmute during your turn. you might as well adding Purse of Io and Lewis Greyface to that combo

didn't have them in that moment! ok i'm relieved! i didn't cheat to win so i'm now more happy than ever to have pulled that off! devil
thanks for the answers to you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
veenickz wrote:
d1man wrote:
bluefr wrote:

i believe we have no official clarification regarding this one yet

Interesting... was there ever an official comment on doing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the "transmute +1" bonus does not stack with itself as implemented in BGA, and this should be official

... hey, it's been two years surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm surprised we never got an official word from the devs on it. Time to contact.

And yesterday was Halloween: I'm allowed to raise threads from the dead

-edit-

Official response:

Paul@libellud replied to my email query:

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

You can stack the “+1” bonus for transmustation in 1 turn.
You will gain +3 for all your transmutation in the turn.

Please remember that the effect of the bonus can be stack with the effect of somes cards.

Have a nice day
best regards

Paul Neveur

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.