Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up in a game this weekend, just wanted to check we had it right: A French force is sitting on a stockade in a mountain space. A Brit force (with drilled) moves in using its first MP. French successfully avoid.

Is the following correct?

There was no battle, therefore the Brits are now in an unoccupied enemy stockade space, with drilled, so it’s captured intact. If they choose, the Brits don’t have to stop and can keep moving to initiate battle with the French again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no battle, the stockade is captured intact, and the British gain 1 VP (see 5.45 on page 5). The British force cannot continue moving, as all units/leaders/forces must stop movement upon entering a mountain space (see 6.2 on page 7).

maybe not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoelCFC25 wrote:
The British force cannot continue moving, as all units/leaders/forces must stop movement upon entering a mountain space (see 6.2 on page 7).

Thanks. And this was my main question, and should have stated it as such. So the 6.2 friendly fortification exception doesn't apply here? -- I wasn't sure on the timing of when exactly the stockade is changing hands and so forth.

Exception: Spaces that have friendly fortifications do not count for the above three restrictions. For example, a Regulars unit may pass through four wilderness and mountain spaces if each space has a friendly stockade or fort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I didn't read carefully enough--I guess I don't know the answer, either. I'll strike my reply for now.

EDIT:
This question and subsequent reply on Consimworld supports my initial answer, but citing a different rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Reading that, I don’t think there’s any doubt the Brit force has to stop. (Which was easily found if *I* had read more closely.)

Which makes perfect sense, because there’s certainly time/effort involved in taking control of the stockade happening below the scale of the game. Far more than simply running up a new flag, anyway.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlbertaClipper wrote:
This came up in a game this weekend, just wanted to check we had it right: A French force is sitting on a stockade in a mountain space. A Brit force (with drilled) moves in using its first MP. French successfully avoid.

Is the following correct?

There was no battle, therefore the Brits are now in an unoccupied enemy stockade space, with drilled, so it’s captured intact. If they choose, the Brits don’t have to stop and can keep moving to initiate battle with the French again.

1- French force on a Stockade in Mountains
2- British force moves in
3- French avoid
4- British must now stop per 6.5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

The force stops when entering a space with an enemy fortification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.