Cards Against Humanity» Forums » Sessions

Subject: CAH made for a great birthday party rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my wife surprised me by throwing me a birthday party and buying this game. Also, a multifoot hero, beers, snacks, etc. I hadn't ever played before, though I had heard of it.

There were seven of us, good friends, all guys. Only one other real "gamer", but some others I had had over for game nights a few times.

Explaining the game was fairly simple, although some of them hadn't even heard of Apples to Apples before, which is the easiest way to describe it. Tossed out the starting cards, and got going quickly.

What followed was about an hour and a half of the most laughter that has probably ever happened in my house. People were, many times, laughing so hard they couldn't even speak. I personally had tears running down my face numerous times. Everyone had an amazing time, and the party was a huge success.

Though I don't know if I've ever played a game where who was winning mattered less. It was interesting. Each time, you tried to get the best answer, so there was the competitive element. But everyone was having so much fun just hearing all the answers. Who actually won the game overall was basically an afterthought.

What's key with this game is to know your crowd. You want to play it with folks who are trying to be as horrible as possible and can appreciate a good laugh. No uptight PC blowhards.

With the right crowd, and some beers, expect a fantastic time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had a lot of fun with this game but unfortunately after a couple of plays the crazy cards (like "chunks of dead prostitutes") are still funny but not as funny as the first time you see them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.