Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Curling Table Game» Forums » General

Subject: Tabletop Curling....the quest (Canadian help requested!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had the chance to play this at the Gaming Hoopla this weekend, and now I need to find a copy!

Unfortunately, it seems the game was sold by a company out of Canada called Zeller's, which is now defunct, and produced by another company (Dorel Juvenile Group) which doesn't seem to advertise it.

Has anyone in Canada seen one of these around?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:
So I had the chance to play this at the Gaming Hoopla this weekend, and now I need to find a copy!

Unfortunately, it seems the game was sold by a company out of Canada called Zeller's, which is now defunct, and produced by another company (Dorel Juvenile Group) which doesn't seem to advertise it.

Has anyone in Canada seen one of these around?


What about Crokinole or to a much lesser extent Caveman Curling?

The Willard Family makes tourney Crokinole Boards:
http://www.crokinolegame.ca/

FWIW what was so cool about the Tabletop curling?

L
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fleefrank22001 wrote:
slaqr wrote:
So I had the chance to play this at the Gaming Hoopla this weekend, and now I need to find a copy!

Unfortunately, it seems the game was sold by a company out of Canada called Zeller's, which is now defunct, and produced by another company (Dorel Juvenile Group) which doesn't seem to advertise it.

Has anyone in Canada seen one of these around?


What about Crokinole or to a much lesser extent Caveman Curling?

The Willard Family makes tourney Crokinole Boards:
http://www.crokinolegame.ca/

FWIW what was so cool about the Tabletop curling?

L


Ahhh Crokinole...the best of the best. I agree, Crokinole is similar, but still a different game. I own a board or two, both a Hilinski and a Muzzies...can't recommend it enough.

Caveman curling, on the other hand, is no replacement.

As for Tabletop curling, the "stones" have ball bearings on the bottom, which makes them glide in a different manner than Crokinole. Additionally, if has a different set of rules and a slightly different feel...although an admittedly similar playstyle. I'd like to own both.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:
fleefrank22001 wrote:
slaqr wrote:
So I had the chance to play this at the Gaming Hoopla this weekend, and now I need to find a copy!

Unfortunately, it seems the game was sold by a company out of Canada called Zeller's, which is now defunct, and produced by another company (Dorel Juvenile Group) which doesn't seem to advertise it.

Has anyone in Canada seen one of these around?


What about Crokinole or to a much lesser extent Caveman Curling?

The Willard Family makes tourney Crokinole Boards:
http://www.crokinolegame.ca/

FWIW what was so cool about the Tabletop curling?

L


Ahhh Crokinole...the best of the best. I agree, Crokinole is similar, but still a different game. I own a board or two, both a Hilinski and a Muzzies...can't recommend it enough.

Caveman curling, on the other hand, is no replacement.

As for Tabletop curling, the "stones" have ball bearings on the bottom, which makes them glide in a different manner than Crokinole. Additionally, if has a different set of rules and a slightly different feel...although an admittedly similar playstyle. I'd like to own both.



Thanks! That helps clarify.

There's no video for Tabletop Curling, so I'm still not as "sure" on what that game is vs others. But have you tried one of Tom's favorites, Sorry Sliders? It also uses a ball bearing in the sliding piece mechanic. More head to head with the board layout though... probably.

L
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tried sorry sliders. The feel is more...cheap...of course. I am looking for this EXACT game because of the quality and feel.

Thanks for the ideas though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Ryan on this one...I've always wanted to find a copy as well, but have never had any luck tracking one down. It is quite fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a full Tabletop Curling Game Table... too expensive?

http://www.coolcurling.com/category/tabletops/

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heres a fold down version only $250.

http://toronto.yatbo.ca/forsale-a-games-toys-a-a292894-a-Wor...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also try:

http://www.advendise.com/products.php?category_id=7

http://www.brettspill.no/spill.aspx?spillId=1642

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/94425/glide-tabletop-shuf...

http://www.abcbilliardplus.com/pages/curlingtop.htm

Also try contacting the company directly and ask for a direct sale and/or reseller name.

http://www.dorel.com/

http://www.djgusa.com/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee, I appreciate all the ideas...but really only the one below is applicable as I am looking for the exact product.

fleefrank22001 wrote:


I have an email out to djgusa, hoping they get back with me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?
badge
Baah!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:
So I had the chance to play this at the Gaming Hoopla this weekend, and now I need to find a copy!

Unfortunately, it seems the game was sold by a company out of Canada called Zeller's, which is now defunct, and produced by another company (Dorel Juvenile Group) which doesn't seem to advertise it.

Has anyone in Canada seen one of these around?


The closest thing I can find that is still available is ESPN Tabletop Curling...
https://www.google.com/search?q=espn+tabletop+curling&oq=esp...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:
Lee, I appreciate all the ideas...but really only the one below is applicable as I am looking for the exact product.

fleefrank22001 wrote:


I have an email out to djgusa, hoping they get back with me.


Ryan,

Did they ever get back to you?

I'm looking to see if I can just get the Dorel tabletop curling pieces to replace my Sorry Sliders.

Lee
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan,

FWIW: if you like a variety of "disks", "pucks", or "stones", for your sliding games... you may want to try the below.

Carrom Pucks
http://www.esportsonline.com/shuffleboard-replacement-pucks....

If you enter code AA at the checkout you should be able to get a set (4 red, 4 blue) for just under $13 including shipping.

I'm still looking for the Dorel pucks. (I have the Sorry slider pucks.)

Lee

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Just to let anyone else know who is following this thread.

this is the response I received from Dorel


From: myhome email
Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2013 9:14 PM
To: Consumer Relations
Subject: Dear Dorel Juvenile Group

Dear Dorel Juvenile Group,

Do you still carry the Dorel Juvenile Group Tabletop Curling Game?

I am interested in buying a copy or at least getting a set of replacement "stones" that came with the game.

Thanks!

Lee

------------ Forwarded message ------------
From: Consumer Relations
Date: Nov 04, 2013
Subject: RE: Dear Dorel Juvenile Group
To: myhome email

Dear Mr. Frank,

Thank you for contacting Dorel Juvenile Group Consumer Relations.

We apologize, but that product has been discontinued. We regret any inconvenience this may cause you or your family.

If you require additional assistance, you can also contact our Consumer Relations Department at 800-544-1108, Monday - Thursday from 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST and Fridays 7:00 - 4:30 PM.

Please reply with your original e-mail for better assistance.

Thank you,
Marion
Consumer Relations Specialist
Dorel Juvenile Group
P.O.Box 2609
Columbus, In 47202-2609
Phone: 1-800-544-1108
Fax: 1-800-207-8182
consumer@djgusa.com


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fleefrank22001 wrote:

Just to let anyone else know who is following this thread.

this is the response I received from Dorel


From: myhome email
Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2013 9:14 PM
To: Consumer Relations
Subject: Dear Dorel Juvenile Group

Dear Dorel Juvenile Group,

Do you still carry the Dorel Juvenile Group Tabletop Curling Game?

I am interested in buying a copy or at least getting a set of replacement "stones" that came with the game.

Thanks!

Lee

------------ Forwarded message ------------
From: Consumer Relations
Date: Nov 04, 2013
Subject: RE: Dear Dorel Juvenile Group
To: myhome email

Dear Mr. Frank,

Thank you for contacting Dorel Juvenile Group Consumer Relations.

We apologize, but that product has been discontinued. We regret any inconvenience this may cause you or your family.

If you require additional assistance, you can also contact our Consumer Relations Department at 800-544-1108, Monday - Thursday from 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST and Fridays 7:00 - 4:30 PM.

Please reply with your original e-mail for better assistance.

Thank you,
Marion
Consumer Relations Specialist
Dorel Juvenile Group
P.O.Box 2609
Columbus, In 47202-2609
Phone: 1-800-544-1108
Fax: 1-800-207-8182
consumer@djgusa.com




I would like to note that I got the same response not long ago.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Ryan,

On Alibaba.com I may have found the Chinese manufacturer of the "stones" used in this game.

I have an email in to see if I can get a sample.

You may want to take a look.

http://sunnyland.en.alibaba.com/product/830055386-201373281/...

Lee

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ryan,

Not the exact same manufacturer, but similar size and same ball-bearing stones.

http://shop.hoglinecurling.com/product-p/omttg.htm

Pretty pricey
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW:

I have purchased carrom shuffleboard "pucks"
a replacement "stone" set for the Olson Curling product
Compact Curling
Sorry Sliders

I'll be posting some compare/contrast info in a bit.

-L

P.S. FWIW I did hear back from Dorel and the original product was discontinued and they are not willing or able to share any information on any sub-contractors (for example: Chinese plastics manufacturers) who made the original game and/or parts. So if Ryan wants the original his best bet is begging/buying a used one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Picur
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you looked at the Elite Sports tabletop curling game? It is very similar, if not identical.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Elite-sportz-equipment-Elite-Sportz-C...gYdUAAOSwhlZYtp30
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.