Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Brauchler
United States
Mansfield
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to take the time and sort of give a brief overview of what I think of the BoardGameGeek community - in my first month's experience.

I really enjoy and appreciate this community! I love learning about new games and connecting on such a nerd-level. I have performed 2 trades so far and they have both been painless. Really enjoying the general honesty of the community.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a big shout-out and thanks to all of YOU for making my first month here a fantastic one! I'm not trying to be sappy or anything - just sharing =)

I guess if you wanted to reply.. maybe share what your favorite part of BGG is. I would love to hear your thoughts and maybe I will discover something new about the site.

Thanks dudes and dudettes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you're having such a good experience. I've been around for six years now, and still really love the community. Thanks for sharing, and for sticking around to add your voice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Brauchler
United States
Mansfield
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your response! It's encouraging to hear from a veteran!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
I was drawn by the articles on strategy. Now I also like playing the games via Play By Forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Brauchler
United States
Mansfield
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow that's awesome! I didn't know about the "Play By Forum" , thank you for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been involved here for quite some time and other online communities now and in the past and this is definitely the best one. The site is great, I love the subscriptions so I can stay involved, and the people are generally pretty friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Super! Thanks for sharing.

The Geek Remains my favourite place on the internet - I love the games but it's the people that makes it.

If you fancy an avatar say hello here: No Geek Left Behind... (How to get an Avatar)

These are my favourite guides for using the site: Every-Gamer BGG Guides
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Brauchler
United States
Mansfield
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, thank you very much for the GeekGold and the "how to get an avatar" thread! You are too kind.

You are a prime example of this great community!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makis
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. This place is full of really nice people. You might catch whiff of some people who just like to gripe, but they are generally few and far between.

The niceness of this community is personified at BGG.Con if you ever have a chance to make it out. Super fun with a great atmosphere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, welcome to BGG!

My favorite part of BGG is the Geeklists!

Also, Secret Santa, which should be starting soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome around. I came here originally because you usually find an answer to any question about games in less than a minute

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Geek, where my favorite part is the community meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.