David Hutton
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A short while ago I bought a brand new copy of Galaxy Trucker on ebay - it was supposed to be English, but they sent me a German one....

Anyway, I got a full refund from the ebay seller, but they didn't want me to return the game as they said the amount it would cost them for the return postage was not worth it. Therefore I have a brand new, still sealed, German copy of Galaxy Trucker in German sitting at home

I didn't pay for it and so don't want to charge for it - just cover my own costs for sending out

Estimated postage based on dimensions from BGG page:

- UK: Approx £13
- Mainland Europe (based on Germany): Approx £20 - £25 depending on country

If anyone is interested let me know where you are and i'll get an exact quote. I'll happily put up a private Ebay listing for the sale so you are protected by PayPal insurance.

Or if you have something you'd like to offer/buy in trade then that could be cool too - as long as it covers postage.

Any questions just shout me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hutton
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Anybody want a German 2nd Edition copy of Galaxy Trucker ?
Bumping

(hope that's cool - I am essentially giving a game away for free here)

really would prefer doing this to an ebay auction...i'll give it a couple of weeks and then list it instead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brody Lipperman
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
D6 Desparados
mb
Re: Anybody want a German 2nd Edition copy of Galaxy Trucker? FREE APART FROM POSTAGE
I'm not interested since I am on the wrong side of the pond, but can I ask why you aren't interested in keeping it? Once you get the rules down, the game has no text at all. So if you can just print out a copy of the english rules, you should be golden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Anybody want a German 2nd Edition copy of Galaxy Trucker? FREE APART FROM POSTAGE
The game should be language independent for the most part so just download the enlish rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Maunder
Wales
Newcastle Emlyn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was German when it came through from Amazon. Think they had a batch in and were sending them out without realising they weren't english. There are only 3 cards with any text on which once you learn what they are you don't even need to know the text and I got the english rules from the files section and it is fully playable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've still got it, then yes please - my boy is studying German at school, I did it many years ago, and we both love games so it'd be a double whammy of usefulness for us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hutton
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lipman wrote:
I'm not interested since I am on the wrong side of the pond, but can I ask why you aren't interested in keeping it? Once you get the rules down, the game has no text at all. So if you can just print out a copy of the english rules, you should be golden.

To be honest, the main reason why I don't want to keep it nothing more than the fact that it would bug me everytime I saw/opened the box...

One of the things I love about board games is the physical nature of the components, and everything about this game is awesome - The tiles, the ship boards, the component pieces (like those tasty-looking batteries, thanks SUSD btw) and also the rulebook, which is a really nice instance of such.

The little jokes, the quirkiness, it's just a great set of stuff inside the box, and having to have a copy of the English rules printed out in there would just spoil that in some way

Maybe that sounds really bizarre, I dunno

But for a fiver more, I bought myself an english copy, and now someone else is going to get to enjoy the game too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hutton
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CraigRJ wrote:
If you've still got it, then yes please - my boy is studying German at school, I did it many years ago, and we both love games so it'd be a double whammy of usefulness for us!

Hi there Craig

Sorry - someone else sent me a message over the weekend first so will have to try and sort with them first. If, however, that doesn't work out for whatever reason I'll send you a message letting you know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.