Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

ebbes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does New Trump Determination Apply to Cards Played Earlier to That Trick? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no trump before any card is played whose rank matches that of the current determiner: tricks are won by the highest card of the suit led.

Suppose that the trump suit is determined in some trick after the first. I assume that you don't go back and re-evaluate the earlier tricks to which cards of the new trump suit had been played.

But what about cards of the new trump suit played to the trick in which the trump suit is determined? The Palatia Spiele website includes the following example:
Quote:
Für die 1. Spielrunde wurde die Bestimmerkarte mit dem Wert 5 aufgedeckt. Der Startspieler spielt die blaue 10 und der nächste Spieler die blaue 5. Dadurch wird blau sofort zur Trumpffarbe, da die ausgespielte blaue 5 dem Wert der Bestimmerkarte entspricht. Mit der blauen Holzscheibe wird die Trumpffarbe markiert. Ab sofort ist blau für den Rest dieser Spielrunde Trumpf.

Does the blue 10 count as trump, winning the trick? Or is it not considered trump because it was played before the trump was determined?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the designer, Klaus Geis, about this question. Here is what he wrote: "You are right. Cards played in earlier tricks aren't checked. In your example the blue ten wins the trick. In the rules I should have better said, that the designation counts for the whole trick, the designation card is played in."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.