Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. As we approach the release of the expansion for DC this winter, I'm beginning to throw around ideas on how to convert this into some sort of drafting game like a TCG. To do that I was thinking about constructing cards packs containing a set number of cards sorted according to rarity. The intention is to draft a certain number of packs prior to the first turn and begin with an already enhanced deck.

Using a typical rarity scheme Common-Uncommon-Rare-Super Rare how would others rate the cards? Now obviously certain cards works better with specific heroes, but try to evaluate the cards mostly on their own merits. I'm going to try to post my list tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for anyone who participates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robot romeo
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that seems like a lot of work. But it would be a lot of fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Here's my first pass at it.
C(common), UC (uncommon), R(rare), SR (super rare)
HERO: (32)
Man of Steel - SR
Blue Beetle - R
Dark Knight - R
Emerald Knight - R
The Fastest Man Alive - R
J'onn J'onzz - SR
King of Atlantis - R
Princess Diana of Themyscira - SR
Catwoman x3 - C
Green Arrow x3 - R
High Tech Hero x3 - C
Kid Flash x4 - C
Mera x2 - UC
Robin x3 - UC
Supergirl x2 - UC
Swamp Thing x2 - UC
Zatanna Zatara x2 - C

EQUIPMENT: (28)
Aquaman's Trident x3 - UC
The Bat-Signal x3 - UC
Batmobile x3 - C
The Cape and Cowl x3 - UC
Green Arrow's Bow x3 - UC
Lasso of Truth x3 - C
Nth Metal x4 - UC
Power Ring x3 - C
Utility Belt x3 - R

SUPER POWERS: (16)
Super Strength x3 - R
Heat Vision x3 - R
Bulletproof x3 - UC
X-Ray Vision x3 - C
Super Speed x4 - C

VILLAINS: (33)
Lobo - SR
Starro - R
Bizarro - R
Suicide Squad x6 - UC
Scarecrow x2 - R
Doomsday x2 - R
Solomon Grundy x2 - UC
Gorilla Grodd x2 - UC
Bane x2 - UC
Clayface x2 - UC
Poison Ivy x2 - C
Harley Quinn x2 - C
Penguin x2 - C
Two-Face x2 - C
Riddler x2 - C
Cheetah x2 - C

LOCATIONS: (5)
Arkham Asylum - R
Batcave - R
Fortress of Solitude - R
Titan's Tower - R
Watchtower - R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coyote81 aka Token
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It seem that you have over a quarter of the set listed as a Rare or better. doesn't that make it kind of tough to make (using the standard for the example) 1 rare out of 15 cards not very easy since there are so many rares?

I guess you can just divide all your piles into the rarities and then pull the amount you need for each pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyote81 wrote:
It seem that you have over a quarter of the set listed as a Rare or better. doesn't that make it kind of tough to make (using the standard for the example) 1 rare out of 15 cards not very easy since there are so many rares?

I guess you can just divide all your piles into the rarities and then pull the amount you need for each pack.

That's a little bit of the point as the rares should have a higher variance in the packs than the C's and UC's. That's typically how a TCG tends to work.

The idea I'm kicking around with is this. Create packs with 1-2 more cards than the number of players. Draft 3-4 packs and start with 10 starters and the cards you drafted for an enhanced start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.