Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
87 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Wizkid to sell prepainted DS9 station in February (125$ MSRP) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Luc Simard
Canada
Longueuil
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heard through a very good source of mine that a prepainted DS9 would be part of the product line in February, retail price $125.

While it is definitely on the pricey side, if this rumour turns out to be true it does lessen the pain of those not able to acquire one through OP events.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mb
Man, I hope that means all the OP prizes will be available for sale at some point.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Gash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
That's pricey, but I'd probably pick one up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Looks like we're going to need a bigger table.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Luc Simard
Canada
Longueuil
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghostrunner wrote:
Man, I hope that means all the OP prizes will be available for sale at some point.


So do I, but no word on this yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jackowski
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jaels wrote:
Ghostrunner wrote:
Man, I hope that means all the OP prizes will be available for sale at some point.


So do I, but no word on this yet.


Ditto. Could make tourneys more fun and less cutthroat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... more expensive than a better-detailed Correlian corvette?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if they're going to make people drop that much cash for them, then hopefully they'll make them tournament-legal!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtrooper721 wrote:
Well, if they're going to make people drop that much cash for them, then hopefully they'll make them tournament-legal!


Please let this be tournament legal...I have a Energy Dissipator waiting for you. whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it! It shows that they are planning ahead and are serious about this game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You could always make the 19 inch model its about 40 bucks

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Space-Station-Edition/dp/B00...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Johnson
msg tools
I'm on the opposite side of the fence I guess. I much rather it not be a tourney legal piece and not for sale. I see it more so as a trophy and reward for playing well and supporting the game. If its for sale then what is the point of having a competition in the first place? Just have free play where you sign up and get participation prizes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kusig wrote:
I'm on the opposite side of the fence I guess. I much rather it not be a tourney legal piece and not for sale. I see it more so as a trophy and reward for playing well and supporting the game. If its for sale then what is the point of having a competition in the first place? Just have free play where you sign up and get participation prizes.


Why do you need a prize to play the game? More to the point, why do you feel you need an "exclusive" type of prize to play the game? You win the tournament you get a prize worth $125, how is that anything to complain about? I never got the point of view of wanting to exclude other people from being able to get these special prizes. Didn't anyone ever teach you to share your toys?
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kusig wrote:
I'm on the opposite side of the fence I guess. I much rather it not be a tourney legal piece and not for sale. I see it more so as a trophy and reward for playing well and supporting the game. If its for sale then what is the point of having a competition in the first place? Just have free play where you sign up and get participation prizes.

Remember there are people who love the game just as much as you who play with their friends at home. Maybe they have social anxiety. Maybe they live far from tournament events. Maybe they just get to play enough with close friends that they don't need to play in tournaments.

Should they be left out because they enjoy the game their way?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Norsehound wrote:
Hmmm... more expensive than a better-detailed Correlian corvette?


And a LOT larger. I've now seen the Correlian Corvette up close. It's a lot smaller than I expected. I was underwhelmed. Yes, still very pretty, but small.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kusig wrote:
If its for sale then what is the point of having a competition in the first place?

You don't think a $125 value prize isn't worth trying to play for?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Kusig wrote:
If its for sale then what is the point of having a competition in the first place?

You don't think a $125 value prize isn't worth trying to play for?


The only way I would ever get that thing is as a prize. I think it's cool, but I don't have 125 bucks to drop on a single miniature, no matter how big it is!

It's nice for people who really want it and do not have access to OP or who happen to not win the grand prize.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batman15 wrote:
Kusig wrote:
I'm on the opposite side of the fence I guess. I much rather it not be a tourney legal piece and not for sale. I see it more so as a trophy and reward for playing well and supporting the game. If its for sale then what is the point of having a competition in the first place? Just have free play where you sign up and get participation prizes.


Why do you need a prize to play the game? More to the point, why do you feel you need an "exclusive" type of prize to play the game? You win the tournament you get a prize worth $125, how is that anything to complain about? I never got the point of view of wanting to exclude other people from being able to get these special prizes. Didn't anyone ever teach you to share your toys?


First and formost I'd like to say that even if I never buy one I hope they sell DS9 to the public.

I don't need a prize to play the game. I appreciate a prize for winning a tournament. If I'm going to pay to play in a tournament then I do not see anything wrong with a nice prize, exclusive or otherwise. It makes it more exciting. Since there are several players better than me in my area I will usually be settling for the participation prizes, but that's ok too, I've liked them so far.

The tone of your post is more hostile and condescending than necessary. Perhaps next time you can find a more polite way to disagree.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I prefer the non-prestige prizes to be non-exclusive. Have alt art or bling to go with the sets, but I don't want to be out a cool ship or amazing upgrade just because I didn't win or play in a tourney.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I applaud WizKids if this is the case.

With any luck they will sell DS9 as part of a "Dominion War" kit/campaign box set.

Basically the Station with all of the participation cardboard from the various OPs.

Which would make it worth the $125 to many.

I'd pick it up
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magius wrote:
Honestly, I prefer the non-prestige prizes to be non-exclusive. Have alt art or bling to go with the sets, but I don't want to be out a cool ship or amazing upgrade just because I didn't win or play in a tourney.


My preferences mostly align with yours, although I find alternate art to be a little lame for a prize in a tournament with an entry fee. I like giving out the minis and then selling them to the public at a later date. I don't play in these tournament to get rich, but getting a ship that won't be available to the public for a while goes nicely with the bragging rights. Just my opinion of course I know lots would disagree. I realize that there is a good chance the ship prizes will end up being exclusives and while it's not what I would do, I'm not going to let it upset me either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm desperating hoping that they will release more Starbases and space stations for other races too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tacullu64 wrote:
batman15 wrote:
Kusig wrote:
I'm on the opposite side of the fence I guess. I much rather it not be a tourney legal piece and not for sale. I see it more so as a trophy and reward for playing well and supporting the game. If its for sale then what is the point of having a competition in the first place? Just have free play where you sign up and get participation prizes.


Why do you need a prize to play the game? More to the point, why do you feel you need an "exclusive" type of prize to play the game? You win the tournament you get a prize worth $125, how is that anything to complain about? I never got the point of view of wanting to exclude other people from being able to get these special prizes. Didn't anyone ever teach you to share your toys?


First and formost I'd like to say that even if I never buy one I hope they sell DS9 to the public.

I don't need a prize to play the game. I appreciate a prize for winning a tournament. If I'm going to pay to play in a tournament then I do not see anything wrong with a nice prize, exclusive or otherwise. It makes it more exciting. Since there are several players better than me in my area I will usually be settling for the participation prizes, but that's ok too, I've liked them so far.

The tone of your post is more hostile and condescending than necessary. Perhaps next time you can find a more polite way to disagree.



The comment at the end was sarcasm and if that offended you, then I apologize. The rest was legitimate questions and comment, if that offended, well too bad

As I stated before I truly don't get the mentality of people who want to get something that no one else can have, and keep it exclusive to themselves and a select few. At the end of the day these are toys. Is it really worth keeping them out of the hands of the many to keep a few people feeling special about how awesome they are at playing a game with plastic miniatures? I honestly feel sorry for those kinds of people.


Magius wrote:
Honestly, I prefer the non-prestige prizes to be non-exclusive. Have alt art or bling to go with the sets, but I don't want to be out a cool ship or amazing upgrade just because I didn't win or play in a tourney.


I'm with you on that. But more important to me is the kind of environment that large, exclusive prizes tend to create. I am not a fan of the win at all cost play that it often times brings out in people. I would much rather people play for fun and bragging rights.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...I'll either win one, or buy one. At least now I won't have to spend $300-$400 on ebay to get one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batman15 wrote:
Tacullu64 wrote:
batman15 wrote:
Kusig wrote:
I'm on the opposite side of the fence I guess. I much rather it not be a tourney legal piece and not for sale. I see it more so as a trophy and reward for playing well and supporting the game. If its for sale then what is the point of having a competition in the first place? Just have free play where you sign up and get participation prizes.


Why do you need a prize to play the game? More to the point, why do you feel you need an "exclusive" type of prize to play the game? You win the tournament you get a prize worth $125, how is that anything to complain about? I never got the point of view of wanting to exclude other people from being able to get these special prizes. Didn't anyone ever teach you to share your toys?


First and formost I'd like to say that even if I never buy one I hope they sell DS9 to the public.

I don't need a prize to play the game. I appreciate a prize for winning a tournament. If I'm going to pay to play in a tournament then I do not see anything wrong with a nice prize, exclusive or otherwise. It makes it more exciting. Since there are several players better than me in my area I will usually be settling for the participation prizes, but that's ok too, I've liked them so far.

The tone of your post is more hostile and condescending than necessary. Perhaps next time you can find a more polite way to disagree.



The comment at the end was sarcasm and if that offended you, then I apologize. The rest was legitimate questions and comment, if that offended, well too bad

As I stated before I truly don't get the mentality of people who want to get something that no one else can have, and keep it exclusive to themselves and a select few. At the end of the day these are toys. Is it really worth keeping them out of the hands of the many to keep a few people feeling special about how awesome they are at playing a game with plastic miniatures? I honestly feel sorry for those kinds of people.


Magius wrote:
Honestly, I prefer the non-prestige prizes to be non-exclusive. Have alt art or bling to go with the sets, but I don't want to be out a cool ship or amazing upgrade just because I didn't win or play in a tourney.


I'm with you on that. But more important to me is the kind of environment that large, exclusive prizes tend to create. I am not a fan of the win at all cost play that it often times brings out in people. I would much rather people play for fun and bragging rights.


The sarcasm didn't come through the internet as is often the case, but since that was the intention no problem. I like honest questions and debate, so no offense there.

As I said above if I were in charge I'd sell the prizes to the public a couple of waves down the road. I can and do play for bragging rights with my friends. If I enter a tournament with an entry fee it would be nice to have a chance to win a prize worth calling a prize. It most definitely doesn't have to be exclusive.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.