Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have this list that I like to fly and think is pretty solid, but I'm not really sure what to spend the points on as far as missiles, bombs, and torpedoes are concerned. Here's the list:

26 Colonel Jendon
03 ST-321
16 Scimitar Squadron Pilot
16 Scimitar Squadron Pilot
12 Academy Pilot
12 Academy Pilot
---
75pts

Currently I'm using a Concussion Missile on one bomber, a Proton Torpedo and Proton Bomb on the second bomber, and APL on Jendon. Concussion Missile followed by Proton Torpedo usually eliminates a ship outright, and sometimes I can get a second one thanks to the ties and Jendon, sometimes. Pretty much I take the first two turns loading the bombers up with Target Locks and then on turn three come at my opponent with two big shots and a Target Lock shot from Jendon. Ten everything collides and makes a mess, followed by me dropping the bomb and booking it.

I try my best to keep Jendon on the outskirts of the fight, ready to be where my ties do their K-Turns so they can go back into the fray with target locks.

Anyone have suggestions for better stuff to trick the bombers out with? I think dropping me bomb for some seismic charges and giving Jendon a Sensor Jamm or one orthotics Stealth would be fine. Maybe forget the bombs entirely and give both Ties Stealth and drop the APL? Give each bomber Cluster Missiles for the point blank engagement after the Range 3 shots?

Tell me what you think of the list and what you would do to improve it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend a Weapons Engineer on Jendon; this way, he locks two ships before anyone is in range, giving him time to pass those locks to both Bombers. Also, he only has to take an action every other turn, which is nice considering how much red and how little green is on his dial - not to mention how restricted the dial is, often causing collisions or running over asteroids.

If you save them for when you have both TL+Focus (via Jendon), I really like Assault Missiles. I usually fire Proton Torpedoes when I don't have Focus. But I also feel like I'd rather have Jonus + Squad Leader than 2x Academy Pilots. Ymmv.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.