Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster» Forums » General

Subject: Wave 2 miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gray
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi I got my Wave 2 last week and I was looking at the stuff that I bought and the free stuff. The big figures that you get in this are really good. But it the added miniature like the dead space one, Reddick look alike and Firefly crew just to name a few. They all seem really small and thinner then the ones you get in the main game. But when you look at the pictures they really look good.

What do you all think was it really worth doing the kickstarter and buy the extra promo miniatures. And would you back another sedition wars kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gazmec wrote:

But it the added miniature like the dead space one, Reddick look alike and Firefly crew just to name a few. They all seem really small and thinner then the ones you get in the main game. But when you look at the pictures they really look good.

They probably are a bit thinner, since all the minis in the base game are wearing armour and certainly the Riddick/Firefly homages aren't.

The golden rule with miniatures, though - especially ones cast out of unknown plastic - is to clean them up and put a coat of primer on them before making any judgements about how well they'll fit in with other miniatures and/or how good they look.

Gazmec wrote:

What do you all think was it really worth doing the kickstarter and buy the extra promo miniatures. And would you back another sedition wars kickstarter.

I think that I got more or less exactly what I was expecting: a ton of sci-fi infantry and space zombies, plus a board game that I may or may not be able to convince someone to give a go once or twice but will have to be pretty special to supplant Space Hulk and other more-established games in the one-on-one-tactics-games bracket.

Would I back another one? Probably not, since I now already have a ton of sci-fi infantry and space zombies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike McVey admits to being disappointed with the Wave 2 minis, specifically the shrinkage and how they turned out. If the man in charge isn't happy with them, us lowly customers don't need to feel bad about not being happy with them.

Between the lack of communications after the project on kickstarter ended, the delays, poor quality board components, the rules issues, and the anemic minis we paid extra for, I am not happy with how the project has turned out so far. I say so far, because there are still things promised which have not been delivered.

I would really have to be offered a VERY good deal to even consider backing another Sedition Wars kickstarter. Having said that, I wish Studio McVey the best of luck in coming back from this mess. I would love to see the rules fixed up and the expansions produced at a fantastic level of quality, but I don't think that production will be funded ahead of time as a preorder or kickstarter using my funds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm still waiting for my second wave of figures, but over the weekend a friend and I set up the first scenario to play with the original rules. We actually really got into the game and had a really good time, so now I'm very much looking forward to playing some more. I'm not sure if I would back another KS campaign for Sedition Wars if it's managed by CMoN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gray
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
So if Mike McVey is really disappointed don't you think he should get them fix and redo the miniatures. I understand he has had problem with this game and I understand that. Even with armour on the miniature they would have very skinny legs. There head are not in the same scale as the other in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gazmec wrote:
So if Mike McVey is really disappointed don't you think he should get them fix and redo the miniatures. I understand he has had problem with this game and I understand that. Even with armour on the miniature they would have very skinny legs. There head are not in the same scale as the other in the box.

I doubt he can afford to fix and redo the miniatures right now. If they could not afford to give out the new rule book for free there is no way they could pay for new molds and a new casting run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They shouldn't have to pay for new molds / casting run. If the supplier didn't provide the agreed upon product, the onus is on them to rectify the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my next trick I will sue my cut-price chinese factory!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nich wrote:
They shouldn't have to pay for new molds / casting run. If the supplier didn't provide the agreed upon product, the onus is on them to rectify the issue.

I suspect once the McVey CMON team accepted the test casts and then the production run the factory was off the hook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Shepard

Bixby
Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Mcveys disappointment really doesn't matter a hill of beans to me. I paid for a quality set of miniatures when I paid for the Calamity crew and they SUCK. . . If I had bought them at a retailer I would have taken them back for a refund. Hell the refund would not have been needed I never would have bought them. The rest of the game and minis I have no complaint about the ones that came with the game were excellent. . . I guess when he hired sculptors to work on the wave 2 minis instead of him telling them to sculpt what he was paying them for as an employer he allowed them free artistic expression .That's from his comment of the Studio Mcvey forums. Takes this with a grain of salt I and others waited a long time to get the wave 2 minis and I felt like I had been slapped with a brick when I opened the package. The Gnosis suit and Barker Aphid armor and THI suit do look real good . Sorry for the wall of text but I have been waiting to get that off of my chest for a while now . . .Going back to lurker mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.