Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay,
Prison Break says, "Reward (14 points, 2 orange cubes) and immediately play (an Intrigue card) without taking an action."

As a result I go to play Bribe Agent which states Pay 2 gold, Choose an action space containing an opponents agent. You use that spaces action as though you assigned an agent to it.

Is this a legal play? My opponent claimed that I could not play an Intrigue card that does not involve taking an action because of the text on Prison Break stating "without taking an action".

I take it as meaning you get to play a free Intrigue card from your hand and not spending an action to do it.

Who is correct?

Place a Sleeper Agent in Skullport
-Plot Quest- Says "Reward 0 points, Whenever you play (Intrigue card) you score 2 points."

I play Unexpected Success which says "Draw (2 Intrigue cards). As you draw each card, you can play it immediately as part of this action."

My opponent says I only trigger Place a Sleeper Agent in Skullport's ability once with Unexpected Successcard. Giving me 2 points.

I think that it is triggered 3 times, once for each Intrigue card I play. Even if it is a result of an action.

Who is correct here?

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Fromage
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
My take is that you're correct in both cases. In the first instance, you're NOT taking an action to play the "Bribe Agent" card (i.e. moving an agent of your own to Waterdeep Harbor).

In the second instance you score the points when you "play" an intrigue card (according to the text), not when you assign an agent to Waterdeep Harbor. You played three intrigue cards, therefore you get 6 points.

Seems pretty clear-cut to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes agree also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree, you were right on both counts. Sounds like maybe your opponent was trying to pull a fast one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.