Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Manual

Quote:
Opposing site of Troop regiment
On the opposite site of a troop regiment you have a control marker,
this on is used to keep track of Antimatter, and abilities on the ideology. Plus in situations where you control a system but don’t have any troops on it.

When player gain control a system? Only when he colonized it or one unit of his Troop unit is in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get 1 or more troops (based on abilities) once you gain control of a system, colonize, diplomacy and assault.

But let's say that you bombard an enemy's system, killing all troops there.
Then you'll just flip over one of the tokens, to indicated that it's still under the other empire's control (he just doesn't have any troops there).

I hope that clarifies it
Best regards Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the troops for free?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When colonizing, or succeeding in diplomacy or assault.. you place 1 troop regiment for free.
So the first troop in any case is for free. But of course, since that leaves you with a system guarded by only 1 troop regiment, you'd want to invest in more protection once your fleets starts to leave for other systems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having only fleet in certain system does not take system? I mean, possession only of the fleet in the system but do not make colonization or diplomacy does not make the player controls the system? Such a system is then considered to be neutral? This is important because a lot of ability in the game only works for a certain distance from the control system (eg distance Diplomacy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Distance is always measured from a system "under your control" (meaning you have either Troops or just a token there).

"Oribiting" fleets doesn't count as control. They are "just" there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

And another question is it possible in the same round by using diplomacy to change the system from the Enemy System to Your System?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it's possible... not likely though.

Max of 3 diplomacy action spots (e.g. a 4-5 player game), targeting 1 enemy system

1 > turn it into unrest
1 > turn it neutral by rebellion
1 > persuade it to your side

And you need to hit with every one of your leaders, and no spots may be taken be any of the other empire's leaders.

Is it already in unrest, you only need 2 action spots available, but still. Not likely your opponents will let you get away with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Moore
United States
Cairo
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an old post but this is actually inaccurate - and yes I am aware I am arguing against the creator.

The guardians and templars can both easily take over a planet in a 4+ game in a single turn, especially if they have a framework like "of the fading star" or "of chaos" (+2 mission bonus)

lets look at guardian leaders (6, 4, 3)

to grab a planet in one turn you have to rely on the missions to get all 3 - but this also makes it really hard to defend against as you have 6 spots you can grab. Even if you are playing with players trying to block you, if you go first or second its impossible to prevent you from getting 2 spots. If they dont collectively actively prevent it it should be completely doable to get 3.

as for the chances once you get it...

6 and 3 on diplomacy 4 on missions. You get a bonus +2 to mission rolls with those frameworks, so without relying on bonus cystal...

4 = 50%
3 = 37.5%
6 = 87.5% * 75% = 65.6%

total chance to steal on one turn = 12%
HOWEVER

pay 9 crystal for bonuses and the chance becomes 25% to steal outright and almost 50% chance to remove from their control.

With templars its 20% without paying and 37% with the same 9 crystal in bonuses.

So yes, not always a great strategy but definitely doable and can be incredably demoralizing. I actually played a game vs a wraith where I did this constantly, it doesn't work every turn but the point is it doesn't really NEED to. Just make sure you take the last diplomacy spot first so they can't undo your work in the middle :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nathan

Thank you for your inputs - don't worry I love taking up such things. Discussing strategies is always fun

- - - - - - -

Hehe, I'm not sure it's inaccurate - in regards to the question I answered, with the information presented. "Possible, not likely".. but okay the exact terms isn't important

But you're right that under the right circumstances, with the mission boost and high level leaders, if two leaders could occupy the diplomacy, you'd need 2 successful rolls on diplomacy, 1 on mission and 1 on the following/chosen diplomacy. Then it could happen in one round.. with increased chances if you boost with crystals of course.

If you're playing against the Templars or Guardians with a boost to diplomacy distance or mission boost, you probably shouldn't try to win the diplomacy game, but go for their weaker fleets or try to get ahead in the economy...

- - - - - - -

Hope I'll soon be able to send out the game so we can talk battle reports and lots of strategies with everyone

Nathan > Interested in trying Burning Rome too? I'm currently in the balancing phase of it all..

Best regards Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.