Daniel Cervantes
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have bought all the expansions to Descent thus far, and I love this game. However, after you play The shadow Rune the game is said to end, and then if you want to play Labyrinth of Ruin you ahve to start all over again.

But I would like to find a way to continue the story and not start off with nothing.
So how does this sound?
When finishing one campaign and before staring the next. Any hero that is continuing on from first campaign to the next should get to keep what gold is left over at the end of the game, and must sell all their equipment back and start off with original class cards, the ones that cost 0 exp.
And if the heroes one the first campaign they receive 1 exp to start off with, and If the OL won, he starts of with 2 exp?
if any new hero or class starts in the second campaign, they do not receive any exp bonus.

Well? or has anyone toyed with this idea before, what works best?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Variants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably a more elegant solution than some of the planned Act III/Act IV stuff that others have come up with. I don't think the small bonus XP would break things terribly, but I'd change it to free shop phase with the stored gold before the Introduction if the heroes won the previous Finale, and 1 XP for the Overlord if he won the previous Finale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cervantes
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If we start in act II mode, what do we do when we would actually reach act II?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What one of my groups did was:

At the end of 1st campaign they chose one hero, and he continued to second campaign. That hero kept his most used skill, so it "looked as if he didn't lose anything". The story was he left his old team, and met new group of adventurers. That let the player have sense of continuity while not breaking (too) much.

But you probably want to keep all heroes, you might let them keep chosen skill as a loan, where all exp they gain until they pay off that skill is taken away. But this will give heroes quite an edge at the beginning.

I don't know what OL might get as a reward though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.