Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says carrying is allowed, but no word on using... I dunno about you, but that seems like a vital info to me.
Lately I have a feeling that writing rules comprehensively and unambiguously must hurt the designers or something... thank heavens for Mr.'s Bauza and Knizia, who seem to be able to overcome the pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, teams can use items of the opposing teams color, barring rules exceptions like The Ghost, who can't carry anything, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
yes you can... or better still you MUST if you want win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroCool_ITA wrote:
yes you can... or better still you MUST!

You'd definitely be foolish not to.

Nothing is quite so satisfying as escaping the dungeon with your opponent's treasure chest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
myyysha wrote:
The rulebook says carrying is allowed, but no word on using... I dunno about you, but that seems like a vital info to me.
Lately I have a feeling that writing rules comprehensively and unambiguously must hurt the designers or something... thank heavens for Mr.'s Bauza and Knizia, who seem to be able to overcome the pain.

The original rulebook? Or the Prison rulebook?

Original Rulebook, Page 9 wrote:
Blue characters can use and carry Yellow objects and vice versa
(Bold emphasis added by me)

While it's not as explicitly stated in the Prison rulebook, the example at the top of Page 8 has a yellow Mekanork using a Blue rope, and the rules for the object don't make any sort of color-based distinction:
Prison Rulebook, Page 8 wrote:
A character carrying a rope can move across or stand on a pit trap.
It doesn't say, "A character carrying a rope of their own color ..." Many of the items are similarly worded.

Looking deeper, the example on page 13 has two characters using spears of the opponent's color.

In short, there are only two times when the color of an object matters:

1) Initial setup
2) When a room is revealed, to determine who places what.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingCroc wrote:
Nothing is quite so satisfying as escaping the dungeon with your opponent's treasure chest.

HAHAHA!!! You made me laugh!
So true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis Vandepoel
Belgium
Hombeek
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Some thoughts about the rules
I recently discovered this amazing game, but some questions rise comparing the dungeon twister with the prison rules. I was planning on buying the prison set with the 3/4 expansion(caracters of the first set) but some difficulties rose.

In the first dungeon twister base set:
-there is only 1 caracter(besides the who breaks it) that can open/close doors!? a key is not included with objects.

-The caracter that can walk trough walls, is this unlimited? becaus in prison smashing walls is maxed out till 3 times

-playing with prison-rules you cannot wound-and kill a caracter in 1 turn. Keeping this in mind you can only kill a troll(regeneration) if it attacks!?

-If i'm correct wounded caracters act like objects, only you cannot carry an wounded enemy?

revieuwing all this the prison version have better rules/caracters (naga-arrowslit & ranged weapons & no speed potion) too bad the prison
wasn't for sale anymore :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
DivisionX wrote:
I recently discovered this amazing game, but some questions rise comparing the dungeon twister with the prison rules. I was planning on buying the prison set with the 3/4 expansion(caracters of the first set) but some difficulties rose.

In the first dungeon twister base set:
-there is only 1 caracter(besides the who breaks it) that can open/close doors!? a key is not included with objects.

There are also fewer portcullises in the original base game than there are in Prison.

Quote:
-The caracter that can walk trough walls, is this unlimited? becaus in prison smashing walls is maxed out till 3 times

Yes, it's unlimited - provided you're willing to spend 1AP every time she steps through a wall.

Quote:
-playing with prison-rules you cannot wound-and kill a caracter in 1 turn. Keeping this in mind you can only kill a troll(regeneration) if it attacks!?

Or with a fireball. Or if your opponent forgets to regenerate the Troll. The same applies to the Undead Dragon who's in one of the expansions.

Quote:
If i'm correct wounded caracters act like objects, only you cannot carry an wounded enemy?

That's correct.

Quote:
revieuwing all this the prison version have better rules/caracters (naga-arrowslit & ranged weapons & no speed potion) too bad the prison
wasn't for sale anymore :-(

I don't know that prison's character and item mix is necessarily better - it's just different. I have quite a bit of fondness for the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.