Subject: The Uncommons - NYC Board Game Cafe Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uncommons NYC
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hi! We're proud to announce a new board game cafe, coming soon to NYC.

The Uncommons (http://www.uncommonsnyc.com) is aiming to open next month near NYU in Greenwich Village, downtown Manhattan. As we posted about in the Northeast forum (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1046960/new-board-game-cafe-...), we're hoping to bring a new generation of gamers (and games) into the former Village Chess Shop space. And we're well on the way to finishing up construction.

In the meantime, we've launched a Kickstarter to help gauge interest in memberships (and mini-donuts). We've been running for 5 days and are already more than 25% funded. Check it out at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460605990/the-uncommons...

And definitely let me know if I can answer any questions, either via email or PM here.

Thanks,
Greg - The Uncommons NYC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erika Svanoe
United States
Menomonie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed and shared. Good luck! Erika.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hartman
United States
Battle Ground
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really awesome to hear. Good luck with the store! It will be really nice to have a place near my work to hang out and play some games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Awesome! I'm down there all the time for work, so it'll be easy to stop by and play a game or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brevity exceeds allocated space
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we need a DC / NOVA branch, though the density of Meet Ups here could make financial success very challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keithustus wrote:
I think we need a DC / NOVA branch, though the density of Meet Ups here could make financial success very challenging.

Do you mean that a lack of meetups down that way points to not enough interested gamers in the area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Keithustus wrote:

Do you mean that a lack of meetups down that way points to not enough interested gamers in the area?
On the contrary, between the periodical convention if you're willing to trek out up to 1 hours (without traffic), Games Club Of Maryland, and the various board gaming Meetups in the northern Virginia area, there's a decent chance that this place may not get sufficient foot traffic nor visitors if they can already play games more closer or conveniently.

OTOH, if location can create come convenience or fill some local need, that could pay off. However, I wouldn't know where it should go... I never had much of this sort of business knack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncommons NYC
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Our Kickstarter has reached over $2500 in under a week, more than a third of our goal! Thanks to all who have donated so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.