Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you hopefully know by now Funagain will be at BGG Con this year selling the latest and greatest games direct from Essen! We're very hard at work prepping everything but wanted to get out a post to let everyone know how this will work.

If you read this announcement last year (orprevious years) things will function essentially the same.

There are essentially 2 different methods to making sure you get the games you want to BGG Con.

The first is to pre-order the games ahead of time and we'll deliver them for free. All orders, no matter the size will ship for free to BGG Con. Just use this code during checkout:

BGGCON2013

Your shipping charge will show when you select your shipping method but it will be removed during the final step. You can use this code as many times as you want, but if you use it on an order it will show up at the hotel, just make sure you have a way to get it home. There is no need to combine orders, you can order as many times as you like and everything will arrive. Please bring your order number(s) with you to the show. It will help us get the games to you more quickly. So if you're the kind of person that likes to make decisions beforehand that's your best option.

You can now all enjoy my hand drawn arrow screenshot which shows were to put the code:

We will not charge your credit card/PayPal account until the items are ready to ship to BGG Con.

We will also be bringing games with us for sale if you can't make up your mind or just like to shop. We're only going to be bringing new games with us. We will have a selection of NEW domestic and import titles, but will not bring older titles. If you want a copy of Ticket to Ride you'd better include it on a website order. However we will bring newer domestic titles.

The cut off date for ordering for delivery to BGG Con is 11:59 PM Pacific Time Monday November 11th.

So that's the basics but here's a little more helpful information.

You can find our Essen 2013 category here:

https://www.funagain.com/control/catalogsearch?category_id=S...

This shows games that will be released at Essen, although it is far from showing everything released at Essen. Why is this list so important? Because the more you use it the better chance that we'll buy what you want.

We use this list to gauge how much and what to buy. So if you see something you want PLEASE pre-order, or if the game doesn't have a price then use the "notify me" button. We don't buy everything on this list we just buy what people are interested in. There are simply too many games at Essen to buy and bring them all back. Every year we get asked "Why didn't you guys get in Game X! I sooo wanted to buy it!" 99% of the time it's one of 2 reasons, 1) there wasn't any supply of it, 2) we saw no interest in the game before and during the show so we skipped it. Pre-ordering or using "notify me" is how we figure out what to buy.

This list is not complete. We're still adding games to it that we know folks are interested in and there are always last minute editions. So if you don't see what you want tell us! We'll do our best to add it to the list, and to buy it in Germany.

Not everything on this list has a price. As we get more information from publishers more prices will appear. In some cases we won't have a price until after the game gets back here in the US. However for those games which do have prices if you pre-order your price is locked. What this means is that if, after our shipment arrives, we decided we have to adjust the price of a game up the price you pre-ordered it for will not go up. However if that price can go down (and every year there are several games which go down in price) you WILL be credited the difference. You'll never be charged more for a game you pre-order but you might be charged less.

Pre-orders are handled in the order in which they are received. This means if you know you want a game pre-order it right now. Every year supply on some very popular games is limited. We might only end up getting 1/3 or 1/4 of what we want and can't cover pre-orders. When this happens we fill them in the order they were received. Pre-ordering something does not mean that you will get a copy. I know this sounds terrible to say but there was some confusion last year about what pre-ordering means. If you pre-order a game for BGG Con delivery it means that you have a reservation for said game, will fill those reservations in the order they were received and will do everything we possibly can to get the games to you. There are several instances where things can go a little wonky. Sometimes I have an order in with a publisher but their games don't make it. Sometimes the game gets delayed for 6+ weeks and isn't available. Sometimes (though very rarely) games I had on order get sold out from under me and end up with somebody else. Sometimes the freight forwarder sends the entire shipment to Calgary and dunks 2 full pallets in a lake thereby ruining the entire non-shrinkwrapped contents (that is a true story).

If you pre-order game(s) that end up not being available for BGG Con we will e-mail you and let you know which titles will not be available. At that point you can decide to keep the pre-order active and have the games sent to you when they do arrive, or you can cancel your order.

You will get a special Essen goodie if we're able to get them as well. In normal circumstances the publisher is more than happy to include these with the games we buy and we then just turn them over to our customers. However we are talking about international shipping and many things can and do go wrong, so we can't guarantee anything. However, it's not usually a problem.

We will attempt to bring some VERY limited copies of multilingual/non-English versions of some games that were going to be released shortly in the domestic market. Please remember that in many cases there are publisher agreements on who can sell into what territory and we may not be allowed to bring back non-English versions to sell. If we can bring back some of these kind of titles (and at this point we have no idea what they'll be) the numbers will be extremely limited and offered on a first come first serve basis. We're trying to walk a very fine line here of being able to provide gratification for some people who just want a hot new game no matter what language it's in, not stepping on publisher toes, and not be left hanging with foreign language games which were expensive to procure once the English editions arrive.

I leave for Europe in 12 days. While I'm gone (for about 3 weeks) this thread will only be checked intermittently. So if you don't get an answer back right away please don't worry. It doesn't mean that we've forgotten about your, or decided not to come to BGG Con, or are burning your games in a giant pile in the alley, it just means the guy who co-ordinates all this (me) is out of the country.

That should about cover it. You can post to the thread for any questions or e-mail our customer service at cs_general@funagain.com.

So...TL;DR:

Get free shipping to BGG Con by going to Funagain.com and using the code:

BGGCON2013

We will be bringing very few, if any copies of soon to be released domestically available games.

Pre-order stuff you really want.

Thanks and we'll see you all in Dallas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I ordered an Essen game this afternoon, just before you announced the code. Can I get this deal? I can mail you my order code privately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the update! I have the same question: I already placed an order for some Essen stuff. Can you apply the coupon / BGG.CON shipping as-is or do I need to cancel and redo the order?

Thanks in any case, it's great you're doing this again!

Edit: I needed to shuffle things around so I cancelled the original and re-placed the order. Crossing fingers that didn't move me in line enough to make me miss out on anything. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what qualifies as an imminent domestic release, but two games I am interested in that I don't see here are Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends and Lewis & Clark. Could those be added?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
I don't know what qualifies as an imminent domestic release, but two games I am interested in that I don't see here are Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends and Lewis & Clark.

Where did you look?

https://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=029095

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
Impatiently waiting on Hanabi Deluxe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just submitted an order. One more question: should we assume that all games ordered are the English versions unless otherwise clearly specified?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
trenttsd wrote:
I don't know what qualifies as an imminent domestic release, but two games I am interested in that I don't see here are Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends and Lewis & Clark.

Where did you look?

Sorry, missed it! I'd still like to see Lewis and Clark, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Just e-mail customer service (cs_general@funagain.com) with your order number. They can take care of making sure your games get to BGG Con and you get free shipping.

IngredientX wrote:
So I ordered an Essen game this afternoon, just before you announced the code. Can I get this deal? I can mail you my order code privately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imminent domestic release is sort of a floating term, mostly because sometimes I don't know what is either.

However as far as I know Tash-Kalar is coming out from Z-Man and L&C via GameSalute. Both companies attend and sell at BGG Con so you'll be able to buy the games directly from them.

trenttsd wrote:
I don't know what qualifies as an imminent domestic release, but two games I am interested in that I don't see here are Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends and Lewis & Clark. Could those be added?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a quick talk with the R&R folks and they will be doing a domestic version. No idea when it'll be done but hopefully soon.

millercv wrote:
Impatiently waiting on Hanabi Deluxe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most stuff is English or multi-lingual. If that version is available we'll bring it back. HOWEVER it's not 100% safe to make that assumption. Sometimes we still get stuff that's only in German/not-English and don't know it until we get it. So if, in your research you've only seen info that a game is in not-English you should assume that if you're ordering it from us it's going to be not-English.

trenttsd wrote:
Just submitted an order. One more question: should we assume that all games ordered are the English versions unless otherwise clearly specified?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain Games wrote:
Most stuff is English or multi-lingual. If that version is available we'll bring it back. HOWEVER it's not 100% safe to make that assumption. Sometimes we still get stuff that's only in German/not-English and don't know it until we get it. So if, in your research you've only seen info that a game is in not-English you should assume that if you're ordering it from us it's going to be not-English.

trenttsd wrote:

For instance, all indications currently point to Bremerhaven being german-only, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Tovar
United States
Bedford
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered Kohle & Kolonie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Working on it. All of the Spielworxx games.

tovartx4 wrote:
Have you considered Kohle & Kolonie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Always appreciate this service. My wallet does not, but I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple more requests if you don't mind more -

Rattus Cartus Nobilus from White Goblin

Concordia from PD-Verlag

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes on Rattus for sure. Maybe on Concordia.

We're still making product pages for games so the list is growing rapidly but not yet complete. I think there were 30+ added today alone.

Happymrdave wrote:

Concordia from PD-Verlag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain Games wrote:

We're still making product pages for games so the list is growing rapidly but not yet complete. I think there were 30+ added today alone.

Happymrdave wrote:

Concordia from PD-Verlag

I'm interested in Concordia, but I didn't see in the linked catalog list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain Games wrote:

Happymrdave wrote:

Concordia from PD-Verlag

Great, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
trenttsd wrote:

Where did you look?

Sorry, missed it! I'd still like to see Lewis and Clark, though!

Lewis & Clark will be distributed by Game Salite in the US: Available for pre-order at Game Salute
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see Legend: History of 1000 Miglia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Baker
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Will you guys be bringing back copies of Völuspá: Order of the Gods and/or Völuspá: Lightning Bolt?

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cpl Scrappy wrote:
1) Will you guys be bringing back copies of Völuspá: Order of the Gods and/or Völuspá: Lightning Bolt?

Jeff

I'd love to see these as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Order of the Gods is being done by Stronghold and they are exhibiting/selling at BGG Con. So they will be the place to get it. Not sure about Lightning Bolt but I'll look into it.

Cpl Scrappy wrote:

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.