Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Vale!
badge
The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams.
mbmbmbmbmb
Where would you put CO2 the interaction scale: 1-10 (with a few guidelines)

10. The only path to victory and the sole object of the game is the annihilation of everyone else, and every action I take affect my opponents directly.
8. You could play it without messing with other players, but you are sure to lose.
4. Agricola - my choices might affect other players, but I can't fight them in any other way.
1. Pure multiplayer solitaire. No interaction at all.

Note that a game can be wonderful regardless of where on the scale it belongs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's tough to say. There is interaction as far as trying to edge out someone else for control in the areas, getting UN cards before they do, etc., but there is also some level of cooperation in that you may end up installing a project that will directly benefit one of your rivals. It's a tremendous game, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
taragalinas wrote:
Where would you put CO2 the interaction scale: 1-10

Your scale makes it tough. You seem to be equating interaction with something like "fighting" or "attacking" other players. That kind of interaction doesn't make a lot of sense in CO2. More importantly, you seem to be assuming that the game gives players choices that don't involve interaction (see your definition of 8). CO2 has a lot of interaction in the sense that nearly every choice you have is a product of what your opponents have set up for you. And everything you do sets up the players who follow you. Playing it without considering the interaction would be like playing it without considering strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludwig Seitz
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd put it at roughly 6, since there is the area control aspect, the technology race, and the fact that (like in Puerto Rico) your actions enable (or disable) the player to your left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Vale!
badge
The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams.
mbmbmbmbmb
chally wrote:
Your scale makes it tough. You seem to be equating interaction with something like "fighting" or "attacking" other players. That kind of interaction doesn't make a lot of sense in CO2. More importantly, you seem to be assuming that the game gives players choices that don't involve interaction (see your definition of 8). CO2 has a lot of interaction in the sense that nearly every choice you have is a product of what your opponents have set up for you. And everything you do sets up the players who follow you. Playing it without considering the interaction would be like playing it without considering strategy.

So I don't get to nuke other players?

Thanks for your input guys. Seems like there's enough interaction to warrant a purchase.

BAM!

Bought it. Always follow your instincts and advice from strange men on the internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There can be a lot of cat and mouse as if you propose a project someone else can build it, not attacking someone, but you can give an opponent a big advantage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zark wrote:
There can be a lot of cat and mouse as if you propose a project someone else can build it, not attacking someone, but you can give an opponent a big advantage

I realize that the OP has already purchased the game, so this may be pointless, but this is the point I was trying to emphasize.

This is a pretty rough example, but imagine playing Agricola, but instead of getting to choose from all the unblocked actions each turn, you only get to choose from a set of 3 actions that the previous player selected for you. That ups the interaction considerably, but it doesn't fundamentally change the type of interaction--it's still all about messing with opponents' remaining options.

On the scale, it's probably 7-8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.