Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Merisiel's powers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't play the game yet, but I have a couple of stupid questions about Merisiel's power.

The first one says that you can evade your encounter. If I am right, in short, it lets me skip the check after exploring. Isn't it too powerful?

The second one says if you are the only character at your location, you may recharge a card to add 1d6 to your combat check, or discard it to add an additional 1d6. Sorry, but I really don't get it, especially the either/or option regarding recharging and discarding. Please, can you tell me a couple of examples?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Merisiel's evade ability IS powerful, but not too powerful. When you draw a card you have a chance to decide to evade it, if you do, it is shuffled back into the location deck and your explore ends. You've made no progress but you're also not paste on that Hill Giant's club.

2) Recharging a card is putting it on the bottom of your draw deck (no damage) discarding is putting it into your discard pile (damage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, thanks for the quick replay.
1) I forgot that I need to put the location cards back in the location deck.
2) So if I understood...I recharge a card from my hand putting it at the bottom of my deck; in this way I get 1d6 for a combat check. Correct?
If I discard it, I get 2d6. mmmm.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes sir, you've got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Madazam wrote:
wow, thanks for the quick replay.
1) I forgot that I need to put the location cards back in the location deck.
2) So if I understood...I recharge a card from my hand putting it at the bottom of my deck; in this way I get 1d6 for a combat check. Correct?
If I discard it, I get 2d6. mmmm.....

Right - think of evading like losing without taking damage.

And you are onto the risk reward of the skills. If you recharge, you keep your deck with cards, thus it's not a huge risk. Outside having to potentially lose a good card for the short term until you draw it again. If, instead, you want the 2d6, well now you have to discard and it's gone good (unless you use something like Cure). Your "health" has been reduced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to ask, can I recharge any card or only the rechargeable ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Madazam wrote:

Pretty sure you just answered your own question...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the rechargeable ones (they'll have recharge instructions somewhere on the card, usually the bottom, but not always). And remember, you can't recharge a card that wasn't actually used, like if you take it as damage or discard it say to use Merisiel's power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Madazam wrote:

If you are talking about Merisiel's power, then you can recharge any card from your hand. The card is not being used for its power so the text on it is ignored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait wait wait. Are you asking if you can recharge any to use the power? Then yes. You can.

In general, cards can only be recharged if they say so. But her power has recharge as a cost. Pick a card. Important to note that when you do so, you are not playing the card and none of the text on it activates. It's simply a cost.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything clear....at least for these questions

Thanks everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.