Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I lingered in a space, rolled a 1 and then rolled on the scarecrow minion chart (advanced game). I rolled a 6 which requires a single round of combat against the villain. My question is that the second section of the instructions under 6 includes what to do if no hero is present (place 2 investigation tokens, move shadow track, etc). It seems like it is suggesting that a lair card be drawn to determine a location for the attack, but does not indicate that expressly in any way. So am I automatically attacked or do I pull a lair card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
The attack occurs on your square as you rolled on the chart due to lingering. .

Lair cards as a random location are for situations when you roll on the chart which isn't hero specific - drawing a mystery card in the bad guy phase, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Newcastle
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
And they call it a mine. A Mine!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is different than when you are called to roll on the minion chart say, by the mystery phase, in which you would draw a random location for his attack. I saw it explained this way- If you are caught lingering on a roll of one: "you are attacked", like the card of the same name you roll to see what attacks you, and you sort of add the "x" to the card as if it was printed there: if it's the villain attacks event, then "you are attacked...by the scarecrow" then you have to fight a single fight round with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.