United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please list any recent wargames (stand-alone games or scenarios) you have COMPLETED since your post in the previous thread. And please continue to add more wargames as you complete them.

Don't be tricked into playing a Euro. Treat your friends by playing wargames!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andean Abyss solo. The cards were stacked against me and I lost to the Cartels in the second Propaganda round, just 17 cards into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three player Here I Stand. Brits and Prots for the win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rebel Raiders on the High Seas, 1 complete ftf contest and 3 solitaire sessions.

The play value is just terrific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly I played no wargames in September. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Spak
United States
Spencer
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Sadly I played no wargames in September. :cry:

good thing it's October!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maven Moore
United States
Fairborn
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
In Tempus, Fortuna omnia vincit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced Squad Leader.

I played scenario S31 Going to New York with (mostly) full ASL rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell/Karen Morse
United States
WOONSOCKET
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baltic Gap
Guderian's Blitzkrieg II
Burma
For the People
Richard III: The Wars of the Roses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guenette
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Distant Plain
Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit
Fallschirmjaeger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Napoleon's Last Battles, specifically the La Belle Alliance scenario; Hitler's War; Blitzkrieg Undone: The Battle of Hannut. Old and new stuff. Good Game Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Humes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sadly, I didn't get to complete any games in September, but I did get to start a game of Panzer Grenadier: Eastern Front, which I completed today.

Played the fourth scenario entitled, 'Ride to Mediocrity'. This has elements of the German 1st Cavalry Division attempting to exit forces off the east side of the board, while preventing the Soviets from interdicting the east-west road. The Soviet forces were comprised of elements from the 75th Rifle Division, who had to inflict heavy casualties (eight step losses) on the German forces to gain a win.

This scenario went right down to the wire. The Soviets never looked like reaching their casualty target, but the Germans only just exited enough units on the last turn and only just prevented the Soviets from interdicting the road. A German win, but only by the slimmest of margins.

Despite low firepower, the German advantage in morale and leadership proved decisive.

Not sure what to move onto next. Might try out Heights of Courage and Yom Kippur from the Standard Combat Series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Meister
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the Doomsday Machine scenario from Space Empires: 4X twice. Good times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am now one of the few living humans to have completed a full session of Belleau Wood. A solid game, though the power of the machine guns can be overwhelming.

The Germans won big, and I attribute that to two things: the Americans coming out with too much swagger, and not realizing until too late that they needed to get out of those damn woods and start claiming nearby towns and hills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crown of Roses in which Edward is never crowned
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Langley Kitchings
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done gatorskin! Do you recommend the game? I have my eye on a copy on Ebay right now (knowing full well I may be tipping others off to it!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished a game of Up Front about 15 minutes ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronald fraigun
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ars Victor

This is a great game that i've played recently. I think it counts as a wargame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin
mbmbmbmbmb

Shifting Sands. Very tight finish. Egyptian Uprising pushed my opponent into an auto victory. Only card that could have won him the game but he played it just at the right time. Despite losing I enjoyed this game a lot and look forward to playing it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1775: Rebellion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Langley, my interest in the battle of Belleau is strong enough that I suspect I'm being kinder to the game than most would be. That said, I enjoyed it, particularly the ebb of the French followed by the flow of the Americans. I even like the map, which I know others have called bad names.

Next up for me is Trenchfoot, the only other game I've found that has a Belleau Wood scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My weekly f-t-f opponent and I got in two games of Salamanca from FADING GLORY this evening. I won game 1 as the French and pulled a draw as the British in game 2. On to Wagram 20 next week.

That wraps up 7 evenings and about 16 scenarios of Fading Glory. Borodino and Waterloo were our favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rodrick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished the Warriors of God solo game that I started about two weeks ago. I played the Lion in Winter scenario. It was very close until about turn 7. The English had a turn where they took over about 5 unclaimed areas and quickly spurted out to what became an insurmountable lead. They won decisively in turn 10.

I enjoyed the game very much. I am anxiously looking forward to the opportunity to play it ftf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing. Only 2 days in October have gone by and someone has completed 5 war games already.

A friend and I completed Afrika Korps today. He beat me as the Germans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lopez
Luxembourg
Hesperange
Outside the U.S./Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two games of Hearts and Minds: Vietnam 1965-1975 FTF with players swapping sides.

Both games started in 1966, Red (Communist) won both with auto victories.
Red won the first one by 1971 helped by no less than 3 South Vietnamese coups. The second one was over by 1967 due to a streak of good cards on the Red side.

The game is really tight, with no scope for any mistakes by the Blue player. In fact it reflects well the somewhat hopeless nature of the conflict for the Blue player, particularly once the US starts withdrawing, the feeling of grimly hanging on by a thread is palpable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 1775: Rebellion last night with a friend. Had a rollicking good time. The bad guys (the rebels) were up 8:1 in victory points at one point and the Brits only had Delaware left as a reinforcement location. But the tables turned and I ended up winning 6:4. A very fun game even if the history is only a backdrop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.