Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Larson
Hong Kong
Discovery Bay
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
To find your true identity within the will of Tze Yo Tzuh...that is the highest of all freedoms.
mbmbmbmb
Maybe I've missed it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to sort through BGG's expansive marketplace by seller's country. This would be a helpful feature, as shipping is a major factor in purchasing decisions. Sometimes I want to find a game that I can buy secondhand but only pay domestic shipping or, better yet, pick up in person.

Anybody else? Is it do-able?

Is it already done? blush

Cheers,

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking of suggesting that yesterday. If someone's not in the same country as me, using the same currency and able to ship without costing an arm and a leg, I'm not interested. So I don't bother looking at the marketplace at all, since I don't want to waste time trying to hunt down the ones I'd consider buying from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Allow a search of the marketplace by game title, rather than just by a title's first letter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Suggested many times.

Filtering / browsing the marketplace by location:
Marketplace Filters with Wishlist (by MurrayL)
Need better filtering for marketplace (by wardancr)
BGG Marketplace widget (by ohgeetee)
Marketplace Country Filter (by Berix)
Browse marketplace by country (by crazylegs)
Marketplace- browse by country of origin (by Chessjester) (status: noted)
01/05 03-08-11 Market place searches (by dssims)
13/11 26-02-12 Any way to search the Marketplace by State or Geographically? (by NuMystic)
00/01 26-02-12 Search Marketplace by Distance (bydoctoryes0)
08/07 19-05-12 Search option (sorty by country) for marketplace/auction (by Avtomatik)
04/02 29-12-12 Marketplace: Filter Sellers by State to find local pickups (by radiosonicfan)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
Suggested many times.

Filtering / browsing the marketplace by location:
Marketplace Filters with Wishlist (by MurrayL)
Need better filtering for marketplace (by wardancr)
BGG Marketplace widget (by ohgeetee)
Marketplace Country Filter (by Berix)
Browse marketplace by country (by crazylegs)
Marketplace- browse by country of origin (by Chessjester) (status: noted)
01/05 03-08-11 Market place searches (by dssims)
13/11 26-02-12 Any way to search the Marketplace by State or Geographically? (by NuMystic)
00/01 26-02-12 Search Marketplace by Distance (bydoctoryes0)
08/07 19-05-12 Search option (sorty by country) for marketplace/auction (by Avtomatik)
04/02 29-12-12 Marketplace: Filter Sellers by State to find local pickups (by radiosonicfan)

And yet, it still hasn't been added. Perhaps if we keep asking someone will finally get the message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since BGG makes money (3%) off every sale, you'd think they would have an interest in making the marketplace as user friendly and searchable as possible. My experience is that it's the complete opposite. I would love to browse the marketplace more often, but it's futile.

A huge improvement would be a simple filter for country, state, and while I'm dreaming, a radius around my zip code.

Some day....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larson
Hong Kong
Discovery Bay
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
To find your true identity within the will of Tze Yo Tzuh...that is the highest of all freedoms.
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comments. It's good to know I'm not alone in this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jayelbird wrote:
And yet, it still hasn't been added. Perhaps if we keep asking someone will finally get the message.

They have the message - they have acknowledged many times that the marketplace is running on some of the oldest code on the site and is serious need of an overhaul. However it's a big project and they have limited resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.