Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the game run long with five players?

No one has reviewed it, or voted on the suggested player count.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it with 5 players. It's very good and tight play now. So all time (1,5 h - 2 h as I remember) was not so long. Especially that next players can plan their moves, so downtime wasn't so big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre Dyvik
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, 5 players is stretching the game a bit. Better with 4, also good with 3. Not tried with 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played tonight with five. Never heard of it before that. First time game for most of us. Took well over 2 hours including rules explanation. Some thinking time. Some frustration at limitations of resources and actions. Good game though. (Well, as runaway winner I would say that, wouldn't I?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Paul, Have you played the base game? If so, does the expansion make it worth the extra time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Green
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Paul, Have you played the base game? If so, does the expansion make it worth the extra time?

I was in Paul's game. We only played with the fifth player pieces, nothing else was added, which was probably a detriment to the experience. Only the owner had played before so it was a learning game for most of us. As Paul said he was a runaway leader that nobody could really stop in the final week.

It was OK, but watching Paul play out 10 workers in the final week was tedious. I'd play it again but not with the same configuration: either fewer players or with something else added in to get some sort of options other than generating a tiny amount of income whilst watching others generate a lot more by completing orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.