5 Posts

Gunslinger» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First playthough rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Rozen
Ukraine
flag msg tools
I just got the game in the mail yesterday and a friend and I set aside the whole day to play:

Showdown: Ok Corral
The Drifter VS. The Kid

Round 1:
Gunfighters start at the opposite gates of the corral. The drifter takes a step forward, draws his .44 Winchester rifle, and begins to aim while the kid turns and moves to the left, picking up some speed in an attempt to circle the drifter, who has the definite advantage with the rifle.

Round 2:
The Drifter continues to aim for the rest of the round. The Kid is winded from the last burst of speed but turns north and continues to advance and and cocks his trusty Colt .45.

Round 3:
The Drifter takes just a few more seconds to aim while the Kid lets out with just one more speed burst to close the gap, first moving and then building up a run. The drifter fires but the Kid is moving and just out of range, the drifter looses an otherwise solid hit. The Kid turns and is directly faces the side of his opponent.

Round 4:
The distance is low but when this close to his opponent the Kid decides against risking a shot. The Kid draws his knife and advances, the drifter turns to face his opponent, draws his own knife and goes to meet his attacker.

Round 5:
The critical round. The Kid opts for a quick Jab while the Drifter decides on the slightly slower but more damaging swing. The Kid's knife connects with the Drifter's chest while his swing is just beginning to pick up speed. The hit is critical. The drifter is knocked down, and is winded for the next 6 seconds, more than enough time for the Kid to follow through with his plan...

Draw Colt .45 - Shoot - No time to aim but the Kid has steady enough hands to be relatively sure of himself at this range... Bullseye - The Drifter is dead before he even has a chance to get up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Kid is close to his opponent, he should be fanfiring. His +2 skill and the speed at which he can fanfire will take down the enemy nearly every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Rozen
Ukraine
flag msg tools
D'oh. Yeah, like I said that was the first full game we played and hadn't really figured out the best tactics. Plus by the time I got that close I couldn't resist going for a cinematic brawl with a good finisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How long in human time did it take you to play those 10 seconds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess around an hour. The last ftf, 3 player game I played (with newbies) went less than an hour. The last 5 player went 1.5 hours.

It's a pretty fast game once you have the basics down.

*edited for spelling*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.