Subject: Influence Skills rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The general consensus is that the influence skills for each mage knight are really weak. Would they be any better if they were once per round, but had double or triple the value? Or maybe just off the bat give them double value (while still once per turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they're fine. Only take them when they fit what you plan to do based off advanced actions and map. They are quite situational, but strong enough. I think to get value out of them you have to change strategy a bit, and I like that.

The last time I took one it worked fantastically and I credit it with winning me that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the influence skills are occasionally mediocre. Usually terrible. Never good.

Obviously, if you make them better then they get less bad. How much better should they be? I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Boehm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe make Influence better by allowing more chances to use it? Ei. Some ideas: allow buying advanced actions in keeps for 10 influence, maybe we need a monster attack reducable by influence like catapults are reducable by movement? Would be cool to have a location (tradingpost) where you can buy crystals with influence?

Just a couple of loose ideas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Double would be much too strong.

They are generally not as desirable as other skills, but is there really any reason to try and make them better?

If you pick AAs like diplomacy, units like heroes and thugs, or play against Volkare on a high speed setting with lots of indecisive units, the value of such skills increases without having to actually change the skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
They are generally not as desirable as other skills, but is there really any reason to try and make them better?

Well, I can think of two reasons:

1. So you don't feel screwed when you flip them.
2. So you don't have skills that are almost never picked, thus increasing the variety of the games that you play.

They are probably better in solo or cooperative games than in competitive games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.