Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the base game and I'm not completely won over by it yet. I like the feel of the heroes and their individual powered but the small map and lack of actions make the game feel sort of meh. Would this expansion fix that? I like the idea of quests but with only one action per turn this makes me think they will get ignored. Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Piloka
msg tools
yes it improves the game big time. if you get it use the variant "pall and the suffering"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joeyjojo702 wrote:
yes it improves the game big time. if you get it use the variant "pall and the suffering"

What do you like most about the expansion? I wish they expanded the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I just got the base game and I'm not completely won over by it yet. I like the feel of the heroes and their individual powered but the small map and lack of actions make the game feel sort of meh. Would this expansion fix that? I like the idea of quests but with only one action per turn this makes me think they will get ignored. Any thoughts?

I have the expansion but have not used it...having too much fun exploring the base game and various interactions among heroes to add the extra level of complexity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a must have for me, because I'm a sucker for more heroes. I really like the Crusader (especially when paired with a Priest), and the Shaman is really cool.

As for more general mechanics, I feel that adding quests really adds a lot of variability to the game. Once you sort of figure out the "base" strategy for the game, you don't really see a need to deviate, but quests make you do that. You have to constantly respond to changing conditions AND quests give you a much more reliable way to get artifacts (which were noticeably absent in my first several games of the original).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So will this fit in the base game box or should I get the boxed version of it as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep them both in the original box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say "must have" expansion. Monk+Shaman combo is uber and there are many more variations to party combos. The new mechanic "Quests" are also implemented well.

I would just get the bagged version and mix everything together permanently because the game is better with the add-on content. In other words, you will not want to go back (and if you do Inner Light cards have a symbol on them that makes separating the cards an easy exercise).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to fit it all in the base game box. I bought some card cases that everything fits into, what I'll do now there's another expansion...I don't know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.