Subject: Questions about attack, negate, Hel... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunhae Lee
South Korea
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I'm really enjoying "Kanzume goddess" now, but I have some questions about game play.

1. If I play attacking warrior multiple times in a single turn, do I have to declare same target?

2. In the manual, it says, used react card will be discarded at the discard phase. Then, does defense value remain until the end of that turn? I mean, when an opponent attack me with 1 attack value and I use a card with 2 defense value, 1 surplus defense value remains until the end of that turn?

3-1. I forgot the exact card name, but there is a card that can retarget when I get attacked. Can I declare the attacking player with this ability?
3-2. And when Apollo attacks Artemis, attack value gets 2 more value. At that time, can I retarget with that strengthen value?

4-1. When Hel makes multiple cards go to Netherworld with a single card ability at a time, can she activate her energy regaining ability multiple times?

4-2. And If I want to negate that ability with Artemis, do I have to pay my energy for each card that has gone to Netherworld?

5. When Artemis negates God A's ability, God B negates Artemis's negating ability with a card. At that time, Can Artemis negates God A's ability one more time?

6-1. When Hel's energy becomes 0, can she activate her ability to make her energy to 2? And, what happens if Artemis negates that ability, and Hel negates that negating ability with her Sacred Guard? Does Hel's energy becomes 3? or becomes 1 because her energy isn't 0 at that time?

This game is so nice and wonderful but sometimes very complicated as much as stacking-fighting in the Magic the gathering. I think rules must be more clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
1 - Each Warrior is resolved separately and yes you can choose different targets

2 - Each card is fully resolved and effects are cleared before you can chain to the next, meaning if you play Defense 4 against Attack 1, and then he chains and he swings with a Attack 4. You literally just wasted your Defense 4 on an Attack 1 and you will take the full 4 Damage

3 - Noble Star, yes and that is basically the point
3.2 - Yes, the opponent resolves all his effects then declares you as the attacking target and tells you the fully resolved attack value

4.1 - Yes, each card being sent to the Netherworld is an individual trigger
4.2 - Yes, you will need to pay 1 energy per card being sent

5. You are going to need to house rule this one because there is no clear ruling. You can say No because its a trigger or you can say Yes because it does not state limitation on how often you can use it (we personally play with No, you cannot re-activate abilities on trigger based events)

6.1 - Yes, Hel can revive herself
6.2 - It will place her at 3, Hel doesn't say it only heals if they are at 0, It says it triggers the heal when they reach 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunhae Lee
South Korea
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

Thank you for your answer. I think Hel is too powerful. I'm going to seal her and never use again. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
tirips wrote:

Thank you for your answer. I think Hel is too powerful. I'm going to seal her and never use again.

Hel is strong but not "too powerful"

Valkyrie essentially counters her
Odin and Thor puts out so much pressure that she often cannot keep up

I (and my group) does find the Norse Gods to be stronger than the Greek Gods

If I were to rank the Gods, it would be

Odin
Thor
Zeus
Hel
Apollo
Poseidon
Valkyrie
Athena
Hades

Loki isn't in there because he probably the greatest of the Gods, kinda of like "You can never go wrong with Loki"

Gefjon is also difficult to rate because she is also one of the strongest, but you need to be insanely patient because remember that Past can be used on yourself an unlimited amount of times. Meaning with a little bit of smart chaining and clever planning, you can literally do 5-15 Chain Combos with 10-20 buying power EVERY SINGLE TURN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunhae Lee
South Korea
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I really appreciate for your answer.

We played a couple of times and agreed that Hel is not so powerful. Instead, Odin is overwhelmingly strong.

By the way, I got another question. It'a about the "Seal". According to the manual, When a God becomes sealed, He must shuffle all the card in his play, and discard pile and hand. And it will be his deck when he come back to the game. Then, What happens about the formal deck? Should he set aside it and restart with his new deck? Or Should he shuffle the cards into his formal deck when he shuffles the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
Note that Odin must attack different targets with his double swing

We got pretty confused by the Seal rules so to simplify it we simply made it that when you get Sealed you discard your hand, draw 5 new and wait 5 turns. Then continue as normal

Its pretty easy to Seal someone back to back, meaning if they do lose their deck they might as well scoop and go watch TV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.