Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
Emanuele,

If the attacker takes control of a hex after a battle (either the defender is eliminated or retreats), can one or more of the attacking units also retreat (to ensure supply line connectivity) as long as the retreat rules are followed (cannot enter Enemy ZOCs unless a friendly unit is there, etc.)? The rules imply that this is fine.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
grogers64 wrote:
Emanuele,

If the attacker takes control of a hex after a battle (either the defender is eliminated or retreats), can one or more of the attacking units also retreat (to ensure supply line connectivity) as long as the retreat rules are followed (cannot enter Enemy ZOCs unless a friendly unit is there, etc.)? The rules imply that this is fine.

Greg

Tricky... and correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, the Germans wish I'd thought of that before this happened:

Quote:

The Germans left a gap in their security, and allowed an army to put their Sevastopol assault forces out of supply! They will easily get back into supply this turn, but it will be an entire turn of not being able to grind out attrition warfare in Sevastopol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Man, the Germans wish I'd thought of that before this happened:

Quote:

The Germans left a gap in their security, and allowed an army to put their Sevastopol assault forces out of supply! They will easily get back into supply this turn, but it will be an entire turn of not being able to grind out attrition warfare in Sevastopol.

not sure about this...

did the Germans retreat fron Sevastopol?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was basically kidding, this situation doesn't actually apply to a retreat after victory. The Germans attacked Sevastapol and lost, so they retreated, but they didn't close the gap. The Russians, on their turn, snuck a unit in to put the besieging German force OOS to start their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.